Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

i bead of CA glue can fix both woofers shown.

Just go real slow and get things as aligned as possible. Worst case is that they're both done so its worth a shot

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

ca glue.

I'd really like to see you seal the sides off. Amprack looks Clean

Cool. Would there be anywhere local I could get it, or will I have to get it online?

Oh, I am going to seal off the sides at some point. I plan on putting panels to fill the gap around the front where the subs are (cover the gap by the sides and the top) and in the back where the amps are, I want to go all fiberglass crazy. :) Maybe build little borders around the amps and processors and whatnot, then get a big sheet of fabric and resin, glass, and bondo it. Make the panel where it can be taken out for access- but that way when I open the doors, all you will see will be the faces of the amps. :ph34r:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

i bead of CA glue can fix both woofers shown.

Just go real slow and get things and aligned as possible. Worst case is that they're both done so its worth a shot

-Drew

Sweet. I feel much better already that you two guys said that. What is the best way to get the debris out of the gap? Compressed air? That is about the only way I have....

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Got a daytime photo of the amps all in:

Posted Image

And a video of just the highs playing. The camera doesn't pick anything worth while up, but just thought I would post it anyway. :)

Posted Image

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

dam sick build man ....

Thanks very much. I can tell you guys without a doubt- this wouldn't have happened had I not been a member here on SMD. I've learned lots and it helped me get my nerve up enough to build the clamshell. :)

I wish I had been recording when I opened the back doors the other day at church in front of my dad and the preacher! The preacher used to have a wall in a Camaro back in the late 80's early 90's. When I opened it up, there was a look of horror and confusion on my dad's face and the preacher's jaw dropped. :) I guess I have gotten used to seeing it, but it is always fun when a fresh set of eyes look at it.

Now I have to work on vanity panels to make it pretty..... raaar!

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

• 2 weeks later...

I got some CA (Cyanoacrylate) Glue from Parts Express. The stuff I got is extra thick and slow drying. It worked perfectly on the subs I had to repair. You guys saw the 2- one the spider off of the cone and the other the spider off of the basket. Well, there were two more that had the same problem, just not as bad. Back to 100% again. :)

I recommend this stuff:

Posted Image

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=340-620

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived