Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

I guess that's where I will be getting my ca glue and activator from didn't know they had it

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

A nice practical wall, hehe.

My suggestion is to seal the front and back on the enclosure as you always get nasty cancelation and loss of output unless you do a good seal.

My saying: "A boom a day keeps the hearing away."

I guess that's where I will be getting my ca glue and activator from didn't know they had it

Parts Express is great! I really like this stuff b/c it is thick and gives you time to work it.

A nice practical wall, hehe.

My suggestion is to seal the front and back on the enclosure as you always get nasty cancelation and loss of output unless you do a good seal.

What... :) it is practical.... :) It will get sealed off as soon as I can- been sick and lazy here lately. I hope to get the front sealed and the back amps prettied up with a fiberglass facade.

looks badass man clean amp install

Thanks very much! :) The back doors clear the bottom amps by about 1/8th of an inch. Pretty much the only way to get 5 lbs of amps in a 10 lb bag, if you follow my meaning... :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 2 weeks later...

Metered on the TL today at Scrapin' the Coast. Not what I had hoped- 148.6 at 42 hz with the vehicle sealed. I like that my peak frequency was so low just for listening purposes, but on the meter, not so much.

Lots more to do yet as I get time- hope to get to that 150 on the same Audio Equipment with some alternator upgrades, additional batteries, sealing off the front of the box and so forth.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

That looks really good, and 148? thats a sweet score considering you still have some upgrades left that will more than likely up the score as well. I was in our local audio shop the other day and they had a 12" cerwin vega still new in the box.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

:)

Thanks guys! What with work, family issues and everything else, I was just happy to get it up and playing by scrapin'! The major audio plans are: Seal of the sides and top- TIGHT, get some more batts for the back, get the bass knob(s) on the amps hooked up to one knob, and get a rewind/rebuild kit for my alternator ( http://www.springhillautoelectric.com/inde...mp;productId=37 ). I KNOW with proper electrical power it will do more. You can feel the system drop off after around 2-3 seconds of burpage. :blink:

And therefore- to start off on the right foot, I got a new belt tensioner (yet to install) and one of these!:

Posted Image

Chomp Chomp! Gatorback son! For all of those high performance Astro issues. :P

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a good update, but still-

I've started on the vanity pannels around the sub side of the box. I have been wicked lazy lately and it is hot and bla bla bla. Gonna paint them and seal the wood. Then it will get wrapped just like the rest of the box. The 4 runs of 4 awg will have their fuses outside on the front where they will be easy to get to. Additional batteries will be on the side of the box. That comes later too.

Posted Image

Scraps of cardboard.

Posted Image

Box again.

Posted Image

Templates xfered over.

Posted Image

Cut and test fitted. Ready for Paint & Carpet...

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived