I Reasoned It Out

clarion h/u by any chance?

malibus are fun, not hard by any means, it took me <20 minutes to install a radio in my cousin's 99 malibu

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

clarion h/u by any chance?

malibus are fun, not hard by any means, it took me <20 minutes to install a radio in my cousin's 99 malibu

install is one thing.. un-install something you didn't do in the first place, lol.

no more clarion for me. had one that lasted many may years but just decided it didn't like cd-r's one day. you want it? pay the shipping and its yours lol

no, now i got a basic pioneer hu

images-1.jpg

just asking cuuzz, ever notice clarion's have two separate fused constant lines? ones is for the internal amp, one is for the unit itself and all the flashing lights and junk

and i get the messing with stuff someone already messed with, but if its just checking a radio, its not that bad.

but for real, put your bare key in the ignition(no keychain, itll make sense...) and turn it to on, set the parking brake, put the shifter all the way back. grip the bottom of the trim around the radio and wigle it out, slide a pry tool on the part over the key then under the key, prying that part out, sitck the pry tool in the top right part of the trim

then just wiggle it out, and be careful, take your time, i'm like 99% sure that car doesnt even have a screw holding it on, if it did it would be on the bottom under the stock cd player or cigarette lighter or whatever you have there, i havnt doone one of those cars in a while

the kit is screwed in with one screw on each side, its like 9/32 or 10mm or something like that, undo those and pull it all out

i'm sure you can take it from there, and yes it is that easy, it basically pulls off

if you dont have a pry tool, wrap the biggest flathead screwdriver you have in a layer of blacktape and just be careful

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

my bad i took so long, i like opened the page and then wrote up a review sheet for a class, and then came back and was like "oh yea, that malibu thing"

i have so many cars in my head, its pathetic bro...people tell me what kind of car they have and the first thing that pops into my head is what the dash looks like, the din size, and if there is a grommet in the firewall

im such a loser....

Team DC

my bad i took so long, i like opened the page and then wrote up a review sheet for a class, and then came back and was like "oh yea, that malibu thing"

i have so many cars in my head, its pathetic bro...people tell me what kind of car they have and the first thing that pops into my head is what the dash looks like, the din size, and if there is a grommet in the firewall

im such a loser....

lol, so you can tell me if its simliar to a Lumina of the same year? I just know my friend took my factory radio and put it in his years ago, and I can recal him pulling up the dash and having a hard time putting it back right.

images-1.jpg

uuuh, lumina i think all you have to do is loosen the part under the steering column and then the dash bezel pops right off, but a whole lot of GM cars have like a radio tab (little piece of metal sticking up in the hole) that has to be cut out to get an aftermarket radio in, honestly i usually just push it back as opposed to breaking it off, but if its not cut off the radio sticks out a fraction of an inch too far and makes it a pita to put back together

if you already had an aftermarket in there, its probably gone, and if not the CC guys are retards

it is basically the same process, just different dash/trim

dont be scared, i literally pulled it apart, wired a harness, dropped remote and rca's, installed the radio, put the dash together, and tested it in 20 mins, the only thing easier is like an older honda civic with an off the shelf din radio from the factory.

Team DC

Dude... malibu is one of the EASIEST cars to take apart... Pop off the plastic piece around your key cylinder... and then just pull of the black piece that goes around your heating controls and radio. The tim piece is not hard to get off you shouldn't need any sort of panel popper. Once you get that off there will be 2 7mm screws holding the radio in. If you feel this uncomfortable about it, you might want to take it to a shop. Also if there is a small reset button on your deck somewhere you might try pushing that.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000