I Reasoned It Out

Dude... malibu is one of the EASIEST cars to take apart... Pop off the plastic piece around your key cylinder... and then just pull of the black piece that goes around your heating controls and radio. The tim piece is not hard to get off you shouldn't need any sort of panel popper. Once you get that off there will be 2 7mm screws holding the radio in. If you feel this uncomfortable about it, you might want to take it to a shop.

Well I finally looked at it a few min ago after getting instructions from ray and it did look simple. I almost laughed, because it looked like something a baby could do.

I did not realize it was in the top 2 easiest cars.

I just suck at 'popping things off' including my laptop or my door panels or whatever. I hate shit with clips because i always either break them or can never get them back on so they always look messed up after. I'm sure you know what I mean.

But thanks for the tip, you are making me feel more calm than I was yesterday.

images-1.jpg

haha if this makes you more confident... i can do a malibu radio in about 10minutes :) that counts wiring up the harness.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

haha if this makes you more confident... i can do a malibu radio in about 10minutes :) that counts wiring up the harness.

Thanks man. That does bolster me. Maybe I'll do it on my lunch!

It seriously does look like a baby can do it though. The panel has this "Little Tikes" appearance and I started to feel like I'm in mini-spl

little-tikes-coupe-car.jpg

images-1.jpg

UPDATE: so pulled the HU, couldn't find anything amiss. Tried to check fuses but didn't know what fuse would be responsible. Found I had blown my horn fuse though, and can replace that, thank goodness.

EDIT: Well I am an idiot. I tore out my HU (at least I know how to do that now) and did fix my horn, but I broke one of the brackets on my HU somehow and scratched up the front plastic above the ignition (even though was careful and used electrical tape coated screwdriver), but afterall that it was only a stupid wire touching in the back speaker somewhere that got dislodged.

Weird that I figured it out by just thinking about it on my own. I guess I'm too emotional when I get angry to think straight.

I'm very happy i got use of my horn back! Lookout asshole drivers!

Edited by slugdub
images-1.jpg