I don't want to thread jack but it's on the topic I don't see any reason to post a new topic. But exactly how is a leveling kit installed? Is it just a spacer on the springs or something?

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I don't want to thread jack but it's on the topic I don't see any reason to post a new topic. But exactly how is a leveling kit installed? Is it just a spacer on the springs or something?
naw mane! chevy's got torsion bars no springs.... they replace the factory torsion keys with re-indexed aftermarket keys! click his link theres a nice pic there. you know what, some trucks do have coils in the front and a "leveling kit" for those would consist of spacers! Edited by BURRITO

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

snooze you looze! you scored... i just looked at todays paper theres a 01" listed for $9500 and i bet its not as clean as yours.

YA there are about 10 Silverado LS versions at my school that kids dtive and they paid anywhere from 7 to 11 grand for them and they get in mine and shit bricks because if the interior this is one truck im going to keep for along time since its just that comfortable. Chevy is the best when it comes to interiors IMO

naw mane! chevy's got torsion bars no springs.... they replace the factory torsion keys with re-indexed aftermarket keys! click his link theres a nice pic there. you know what, some trucks do have coils in the front and a "leveling kit" for those would consist of spacers!

Sorry for not clarifying, I saw that his truck had torsion bars and I was thinking about my truck. Thanks for the information.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I know my 2wd silverado has that nasty rake tho since I plan on towing a trailer Im not sure that it would be worth it to level it out
how big of a trailer? the reason those trucks have such big rakes is the contact oveload springs!!!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

the one we have right now probably is between 1500 and 2k lbs but after I get my car done Ill be using it to tow the car to a few shows
i have a leveling kit and i tow a 12000Lb trailer!

now that you guys are talking about leveling kits, much do they cost and how muck do they raise. i did something to my 01 4wd suburban. first i took out all stock shocks. the rear went a little lower because the stock rear shocks are too stiff. second, i took out both of my torsion bars bolts and added about 5 dots of weld. that gave me live 1 to 1.5 inch lift. i would like to lift it a total of 3 inches. i really dont want a 6 inch lift because it involves to much movement. ill post pictures of my suburban tomorrow with the added "lift"