Anyone Have Experience With Insurance Claims Etc?

your going a bit overboard with this one. i'm only 18 and have been in 3 accidents. 2 of them were considered my fault and my liability insurance has only jumped up $40 a month to $130.

i never had to pay any deductables either, but maybe im just lucky...

at any rate, good luck

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

your going a bit overboard with this one. i'm only 18 and have been in 3 accidents. 2 of them were considered my fault and my liability insurance has only jumped up $40 a month to $130.

i never had to pay any deductables either, but maybe im just lucky...

at any rate, good luck

I had to pay the deductables theres no way of getting around it. But there are ways to get around rate increases, Its illegal for a insurance company to raise their rates after an accident you just need to be SMART about it. After all thats why you have insurance so that you dont have to pay outragous amounts for crashes and deaths. I personally heard this from a insurance rep from allstate. Maybe you should look into this. IF YOU FILE A CLAIM YOU MUST PAY A DEDUCTABLE. understand?

EDIT- I misunderstood your post and thought you were mocking me sorry. How did you not pay a deductable? You must have got really lucky. My deductables a grand so im in the hole 3 grand plus tickets lol. Its a live and learn thing.

Edited by fis10

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I had to pay the deductables theres no way of getting around it. But there are ways to get around rate increases, Its illegal for a insurance company to raise their rates after an accident you just need to be SMART about it. After all thats why you have insurance so that you dont have to pay outragous amounts for crashes and deaths. I personally heard this from a insurance rep from allstate. Maybe you should look into this. IF YOU FILE A CLAIM YOU MUST PAY A DEDUCTABLE. understand?

That makes no sense my dad totaled a 2006 F150 in a store parking lot with his Dodge 3500 the guy absolutely refused to let my dad just pay for his truck he wanted to just outright pay for the guys new truck since he knew it was his fault he dropped his balckberry on the passenger side floor and wasnt looking and went to pick it up and hit the guy.The guy said he wouldn't feel right so he wanted to go thru insurance and his rates went way the hell up right after

That makes no sense my dad totaled a 2006 F150 in a store parking lot with his Dodge 3500 the guy absolutely refused to let my dad just pay for his truck he wanted to just outright pay for the guys new truck since he knew it was his fault he dropped his balckberry on the passenger side floor and wasnt looking and went to pick it up and hit the guy.The guy said he wouldn't feel right so he wanted to go thru insurance and his rates went way the hell up right after

That sucks. Im just going by what i heard and experienced.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Ya my dad was at fault and new he was but ya I dont see how they can say that since I mean hell his went way up

Time to switch agents bro. They knew i was at fault and told me all they could charge me was a deductable when i asked about possible rate increases. I wonder if it was because my high deductable...

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Time to switch agents bro. They knew i was at fault and told me all they could charge me was a deductable when i asked about possible rate increases. I wonder if it was because my high deductable...

The way I understand it is if you have a higher deductable your rates do tend to generally not spike as much on all my vehicles I have a $1000 deductable I am lucky though to not have been in any wrecks or gotten stuck with any speeding tickets

The way I understand it is if you have a higher deductable your rates do tend to generally not spike as much on all my vehicles I have a $1000 deductable I am lucky though to not have been in any wrecks or gotten stuck with any speeding tickets

After this post im done but yeah i wasnt a smart kid like i mentioned above i also got a 100+ ticket and a wreckless driving that was reduced to a careless. I needless to say stopped driving crazy and fast. Its just not worth it but the way people drive around here pisses me off and it seems like everyday is a sunday to most drivers. Sorry for cluttering your post tho. Hope that you dont get charged a arm and a leg. What policy did you have full coverage or plpd?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

didnt read all of them but no it is legal for them to raise the price on your policy if you were deem to be the cause.. and for the payment, that all depends on your insurance plan.. for instance when i had my accident (liability and comprehensive only), my insurance cover up to 50,000 in damage to other people's car.. best way to find out is call your agent and talk to them about it..

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio