Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys,

today i installed some dynamat and i took out the box with my subs inside. after the installation i wired everything back up the same way and didnt change any settings. I turned it up around 10 for a quick warm up...with the bass remote at 1/10 range, there was this huge amount of power sent to my subs, even at volume 0, when i turn the remote up slowly, the subs start pounding. I tried unpluggin the bass remote and when i did the bass started up and kept going until i plugged it back in. I've checked the wiring and everything seems to be fine. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

Posted
Hey guys,

today i installed some dynamat and i took out the box with my subs inside. after the installation i wired everything back up the same way and didnt change any settings. I turned it up around 10 for a quick warm up...with the bass remote at 1/10 range, there was this huge amount of power sent to my subs, even at volume 0, when i turn the remote up slowly, the subs start pounding. I tried unpluggin the bass remote and when i did the bass started up and kept going until i plugged it back in. I've checked the wiring and everything seems to be fine. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

bad bass knob or bad connection between the amp and knob.

Posted

You may have pinched a RCA cable. Some thing didn't get back the way it came out.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-
Posted

some knobs will let you adjust the bass boost when you plug them in, but when you unplug them, itll go up to what you have it set on the amp. thats why when you plug it back in, itll drop down to the level on the knob, not the amp.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1052 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...