Sonic Electronix

I like the way Steve makes his demos... "till he hits the button" :spiteful: . Is it a bass knob ? Or some other device ? How can I do something like that for my ride. If it is like the gain on the amp it won't be very precise by hand ?

For my Hifonics I have this. Will it work like Steve's ?

hfr3.jpg

Edited by The enD
bg_flag.gif

Honestly, a remote gain or bass boost is not recommended to 'demo like Steve'. He only gives his subs clean power and by using the things I listed, you risk clipping the signal to your subs and potentially blowing them.

I do the same thing if you watch my videos, but I use an RCA bass knob. When the knob is turned up all the way, it brings the signal to the intended volume that I tuned my amps to (basically closing the circuit acting like straight RCAs). This saves me from ever sending dirty power to my subs just acting like a 'bass limiter'.

And I believe Steve uses a 3sixty.2 for his bass control.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Honestly, a remote gain or bass boost is not recommended to 'demo like Steve'. He only gives his subs clean power and by using the things I listed, you risk clipping the signal to your subs and potentially blowing them.

I do the same thing if you watch my videos, but I use an RCA bass knob. When the knob is turned up all the way, it brings the signal to the intended volume that I tuned my amps to (basically closing the circuit acting like straight RCAs). This saves me from ever sending dirty power to my subs just acting like a 'bass limiter'.

And I believe Steve uses a 3sixty.2 for his bass control.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Once the gain is set you are not supposed to touch it.

Think I am buying one of this. ~20$ seem to be a good price >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/Peripheral-RCA-Line-Le...3%3A1|294%3A200

3SIXTY.2 is damn expensive for me :rolleyes:

But anyway, if there is a better/cheaper way to demo like The King of SPL let me know.

bg_flag.gif

In the words of Nick, boost and boost knobs are made to break shit.

From personal experience, I've fried 5 different subs with boost knobs.

'03 Ford Explorer XLT

24s

Dem 24s? Nah nigga dem 10s - Earthman

Really? I've never had any problems with boost knobs, I just set the amp with the boost knobs up all the way, then turn the knob off and when I want more bass I turn the knob to where it sounds best.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

That is exactly what I was thinking. Once the gain is set you are not supposed to touch it.

Think I am buying one of this. ~20$ seem to be a good price >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/Peripheral-RCA-Line-Le...3%3A1|294%3A200

3SIXTY.2 is damn expensive for me :rolleyes:

But anyway, if there is a better/cheaper way to demo like The King of SPL let me know.

That's exactly what you need. Just make sure you plan what extra RCAs you'll need and where you are going to put it so you can buy it all at once.

The seven Ps....

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

[email protected]

It depends if your amp came with a bass BOOST knob or a remote knob. That pic shows a boost knob. For instance sundowns have remote knobs which the easiest way to put it, with the knob all the way up your subs see 100% what your amp gain is set to. When you turn the knob down it lowers the gain accordingly, so you're not using bass boost like a lot of amps have which is what can/does blow subs. Its like a governer if you will, letting you hold back the bass until you want it. The RCA knob is the same as a remote gain knob, the only diff is that with the rca one all the way down there is NO power to the subs, with a factory one (atleast the sundowns i have had) drop it down very low but there is still a minute amount of power going to them.

Really? I've never had any problems with boost knobs, I just set the amp with the boost knobs up all the way, then turn the knob off and when I want more bass I turn the knob to where it sounds best.

That would be the correct way to do it. But since there's going to be an addition to an already tuned system, why go through all the trouble? ;)

[email protected]

I was being stupid and they weren't the best subs in the world so that's why.

'03 Ford Explorer XLT

24s

Dem 24s? Nah nigga dem 10s - Earthman