jimbob Posted March 31, 2009 Report Posted March 31, 2009 Well lets get this part out of the way, I have a Dodge Magnum, and I'm currently running a FI Q 12 D2 with BP power in about 2.2^3ft at 31ish hz on a Sundown 1500d. I love the sound of my setup (listen to primarily rock), very happy with it, EXCEPT i want my cargo space back! For fun I had it metered and put down a 140.8 on the TL. So what I'm looking to do is build enclosures for my rear storage pockets (like these) I want to attempt building them myself, but am using these to plan which means somewhere about .7 cu ft and 6.5 inches deep to work with. Obviously this would limit me to a sealed 10 or sealed or ported 8. For budget let's say 200ish a piece for a limit. Some thoughts I've had: Fi SSD Dayton Titanic Dayton RSS265HF (or HO) I wish SI made the new Mag in a 10", that would probably be a great fit for me... Looking forward to suggestions!
troy Posted March 31, 2009 Report Posted March 31, 2009 cvr 10s. they are cheap and sound good. sundown e8's also a choice retarded build on the way..... 2000 bagged s10 2 hdc3 15s aq2200 aq4x90 stinger/knu wire optima batteries 220 amp alt fosgate hu/mids and highs
Boon Posted March 31, 2009 Report Posted March 31, 2009 DD 1508! Awesome little subs. Shop car is doing 142.2dB dbDrag legal on 600wrms with 2 of them 10.x volts fo' life!
Tyan Posted March 31, 2009 Report Posted March 31, 2009 DD 1508!Awesome little subs. Shop car is doing 142.2dB dbDrag legal on 600wrms with 2 of them yes ...they r great but the price isnt :censored: my VIDEOS
Sp33dyG Posted March 31, 2009 Report Posted March 31, 2009 if u can increase the depth by an 1/2 an inch to an inch u can still use ur 12" Q the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray. Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt
Sp33dyG Posted March 31, 2009 Report Posted March 31, 2009 yes ...they r great but the price isnt :censored: x2 DD is expensive lol i think the 1508's are $150 each the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray. Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt
jimbob Posted March 31, 2009 Author Report Posted March 31, 2009 I could possibly sneak some more depth out of it, but a 12 will be too big in diameter and most will be choked on airspace. I was just thinking about the 1508, but how do they sound? I was considering e8's but I'd like a little more power handling. Remember I have a 1500d and the more of it I can use the better. Q10's may be an option, but the plan was 2 (one for each side) and that would get me pretty far out of budget.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.