My Cars Messed Up... Help Finding A Place To Fix!

Alright, I have an 02 explorer xlt 2wd. The two rear struts, two springs, and two links need to be fixed. They all go together from my understanding. It is a common problem on explorers, and it is of course messed up on my car. I got quoted at a local over priced place, for 730 something to fix it all including labor. the Links might not be necessary, but the mechanic said I might need/want to replace them. 700$ is just too damn much, I mean I understood it would have been a couple hundred but I'm trying to look for the most affordable place.

Anyone know how much this should cost? I know some people here are mechanics/ own shops.....

Thanks for all you guys' help.

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

Alright, I have an 02 explorer xlt 2wd. The two rear struts, two springs, and two links need to be fixed. They all go together from my understanding. It is a common problem on explorers, and it is of course messed up on my car. I got quoted at a local over priced place, for 730 something to fix it all including labor. the Links might not be necessary, but the mechanic said I might need/want to replace them. 700$ is just too damn much, I mean I understood it would have been a couple hundred but I'm trying to look for the most affordable place.

Anyone know how much this should cost? I know some people here are mechanics/ own shops.....

Thanks for all you guys' help.

if you can shoot me a vin # i can look up cost on all and what labor should be

if you can shoot me a vin # i can look up cost on all and what labor should be

I don't think I should be releasing that info, atleast my mom doesn't want me to.... sorry man. They are telling me that people can get a lot of private info from that like the title and shit... lol idk man, no offense to you.

Its a 4.0l v6 sohc (i belive, might be the dohc)

any other info you would need...?

EDIT: okay, i'm almost positive that what my bro told me is false. I don't know though if its safe to release my vin still

Edited by rumproast789

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

go get ur hands dirty fix it urself. hynes manual is your friend, will be way cheaper if u dont have tools, buy em lol. a man is nothing without tools, ur going to save urself alot of money doing it urself

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

go get ur hands dirty fix it urself. hynes manual is your friend, will be way cheaper if u dont have tools, buy em lol. a man is nothing without tools, ur going to save urself alot of money doing it urself

no matter what, my dad wouldn't let me do it myself. He just wants to make sure it's done right, but at more of an affordable price.

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

people are so paranoid :/

go drive around and get quotes, only way youll know.

I was about to straight up just post it, but better to be safe than sorry I guess...

I have been calling and goign to places and asking. My friend's dad who owns a dealership down the block is about to come over and look at it...

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

www.yellowpages.com

if you dont want us to do it and dont want to do it yourself, start calling around

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

www.yellowpages.com

if you dont want us to do it and dont want to do it yourself, start calling around

lol its not that. I have been looking around, just seeing more opinions.

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

why wont he let u do it urself, if u fck it up its ur fault not saying u would. its not that hard, time consuming because u dont know much about cars but thats it. its so much cheaper, i put a new exedy racing clutch and flywheel in my celica when i was like 17 by myself, ripping out a tranny is way harder then changing ur struts. now that im thinkin about it i think u might need something, i cant remember to save my ass but i think its to compress the strut for install, idk if this is the case idk if u can do it urself, im sure sum1 will chime in and fix what i said

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-