Sonic Electronix

Deciding On Either Re Or Jbl

SRs or GT5s  

5 members have voted

1. 1. RE or JBL

• RE SR 15s
    • JBL GT5 15s
    • Some other 15" sub combination that adds up to 350$ (please specify in chat)

As stated with the title, im looking at either 2 RE SRs or 2 JBL GT5s.

The subs will be ran with the same exact power, which would be 240w rms each (dayton plate amps ftw)

im just curious, what setup would you think be better for my room? (yes, this is for the bedroom, if you are wondering about size, 15")

the boxes im deciding on would be 3.5 cube PER sub, probably tuning around 34hz (I like the sound when its tuned around that number)

the boxes will of course be slot ported, I would throw up a cad pic on here but a few pointers, I'm Lazy, and I dont have accurate port length in my drawings yet, and well.. I really dont feel like drawing something in cad right now :P (Was working on drawing a Honda CRX like all day to throw into the game known as Second Life (more like 3D chat, its what I use it for anyway, CorruptedJake Aluveaux is the name if anyone actually plays SL here, [another thing, I can covert CAD drawings into XMS scripts that compile as objects in SL, its cool as hell how it works too]) and just for the record, It isnt coming out right STILL x.x

So anyway with that being said, give me your thoughts on this.

2 15s would DEFINITELY fill this room nicely with 480w rms total.]

Thoughts and Opinions are greatly apprechiated!

and again, I do not want to pay any more than 350!

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

As stated with the title, im looking at either 2 RE SRs or 2 JBL GT4s.

The subs will be ran with the same exact power, which would be 240w rms each (dayton plate amps ftw)

im just curious, what setup would you think be better for my room? (yes, this is for the bedroom, if you are wondering about size, 15")

the boxes im deciding on would be 3.5 cube PER sub, probably tuning around 34hz (I like the sound when its tuned around that number)

the boxes will of course be slot ported, I would throw up a cad pic on here but a few pointers, I'm Lazy, and I dont have accurate port length in my drawings yet, and well.. I really dont feel like drawing something in cad right now :P (Was working on drawing a Honda CRX like all day to throw into the game known as Second Life (more like 3D chat, its what I use it for anyway, CorruptedJake Aluveaux is the name if anyone actually plays SL here, [another thing, I can covert CAD drawings into XMS scripts that compile as objects in SL, its cool as hell how it works too]) and just for the record, It isnt coming out right STILL x.x

So anyway with that being said, give me your thoughts on this.

2 15s would DEFINITELY fill this room nicely with 480w rms total.]

Thoughts and Opinions are greatly apprechiated!

and again, I do not want to pay any more than 350!

for a room, you cant really go wrong with either of those subs. just put them in a nice t-line, and make some noise.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I wrote the choices wrong, the jbl would be the GT5, my mistake.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Archived