Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Tuning Question

I had looked elsewhere on the forum where there was a listing of songs and the freq's of their bass lines. I think the lowest I've listened to was "salt shaker" which iirc was 37Hz.

even still that doesnt mean you can rule out a sub sonic filter. If your high pass filter goes down to the 30hz range you can use that filter.

do you have the specs for this ported box?

side note. your missin out on lots of fun if you never listen to under 37 hz. i love playin with tones between 22 and 35 hz

Edited by fritosaregood

They're only tens, and I'm running next to no power on them. I tried putting "bass for your face" through them once and half the bassline was just nonexistant: the subs moved (quite a bit) but I got no sound in the cab. So for this setup at least, no low low.

Too many projects, too little time...

They're only tens, and I'm running next to no power on them. I tried putting "bass for your face" through them once and half the bassline was just nonexistant: the subs moved (quite a bit) but I got no sound in the cab. So for this setup at least, no low low.

that was a sealed box right.

ported will be different, maybe with a lower tuning too. like 35

btw 2 tens it the same cone area as one 15

Yea, tiny craptacular prefab that came with the subs. I think its like .8-.9 cubes per. Alpine recommends at least 1 cube per sealed.

EDIT: Here's a link to the ported box plan, if that helps.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/mr...eForktownsd.jpg

Edited by ktownsdriftking

I wouldnt use that design. 14.5sq in of port. with 2.6 cubes. just by that there is only 5.5 sq in of port per cube of box. a good port area to box volume is 12-16 sq in per cube.

Idunno, either way the build is on hold. I won't be able to jobhunt until end of May because of a play I'm in at school that's taking up my whole life, and no job=no money for MDF and supplies. And first thing's first I want to buy an amp that's closer to the kind of power I want, "350w RMS" bridged to two subs rated at 300 RMS each really is not cutting it for me. Of course, that costs money too...

Idunno, either way the build is on hold. I won't be able to jobhunt until end of May because of a play I'm in at school that's taking up my whole life, and no job=no money for MDF and supplies. And first thing's first I want to buy an amp that's closer to the kind of power I want, "350w RMS" bridged to two subs rated at 300 RMS each really is not cutting it for me. Of course, that costs money too...

look for a mono amp. it will have a sub sonic filter

do you want a new box plan? i did the best with what you gave me, if you dont mind a box thats 15 inches deep, i could make a much better box plan.

people, i was working with the measurements i was given. they were strict. i do know what im doing, so dont question that.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

If you wanna do a new plan, go for it. I was hoping for a box that wouldnt interfere at all with my spare tire well but I think a few inches won't mean it's inaccessible.

Don't bash BanginOnABudget, guys. He was only working off measurements I gave him. Besides, without his help I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to where to start with a box build.

Port is WAY too small, as mentioned. However it will let you play below tuning somewhat, the small port area will prevent the subs unloading, you'll just get lots of port noise and it will behave like a leaky sealed box below tuning.

Why wasn't the port longer?

Bleh, sketchup time...

EDIT:

2x10.jpg

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!