Sundown Audio

Interesting results with doing the second door and putting the door panels back on:

155.0 dB -- Base-Line Score this morning

154.9 dB -- Base-Line with driver door panel and vapor guard off

155.3 dB -- 1st Layer on Driver Door

155.2 dB -- Put 5.25 speaker back in (not hooked up)

154.8 dB -- Removed Passenger door panel and vapor guard

155.1 dB -- 1st Layer on Passenger Door (with speaker installed and not hooked up)

155.3 dB -- Put passenger door panel back on

155.1 dB -- Put drivers door panel back on

So... weird stuff is going on.

Frequency may have changed with both of the door panels on.

It had not changed with both door panels still off + both doors dampened but I have not went back through the frequency range since putting the panels back on.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

lol so is the knu stuff 100% oxygen free?

Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 Red Power Wire features 5145 Tinned Strands of Pure Oxygen Free Copper and a new UltraFleks Matte PVC Jacket. Our new jacket allows for improved flexibiltiy and maintains exceptional resistance to abrasion, oil, and extreme temperatures (-40 to 105 C). Capable of loads over 300A.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX0R

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Got it :) We torched the bolts out and got some weld-in pieces with threads from a local specialty fastener store that worked great. All new Grade-8 and/or Stainless steel fasteners used as well.

Air shocks are ON - and the Jeep is actually riding at normal height for the first time since I got it.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Got it :) We torched the bolts out and got some weld-in pieces with threads from a local specialty fastener store that worked great. All new Grade-8 and/or Stainless steel fasteners used as well.

Air shocks are ON - and the Jeep is actually riding at normal height for the first time since I got it.

LOL good to hear

Roseville, CA

hmm looking at this made me realize...i need deadner...cuz im stuck at 146 and change and i need to be at 148 and higher...so i may have to take my doors off and add some in there

TEAM YEA WE R THAT LOUD2wh03vb.jpgMinnie told Mickey "I want a divorce". Mickey said to Minnie, "Are you Fucking Crazy?" Minnie replied, "No, i'm fucking Goofy!"hit me up for box designs..i specialize in bandpass design

Frequency DID change and I am left with some gains:

47 Hz - 155.1 dB

48 Hz - 155.2 dB

49 Hz - 155.1 dB

So it is shifting me in the direction I want to go - I bet if I cut the port down slightly I'd gain even more since my frequency has shifted.

Keep in mind I am currently fighting box tuning since this box is still tuned down low so I may be making more "actual" gains for later on when I get the tuning right again.

---

So... doors gained me 0.2 dB even against box tuning.

I went back and looked at the 155.1 I did at the shop and DJ was leaning on the door slightly - so the 155.0 is the real score to go by for the "before" comparison on doors.

---

This puts me at 1 dB gain earlier and 0.2 dB more of gains I was able to track (*)

So 1.2 dB up that I know of from dampener.

I didn't get to do before and after on the rear floor or high pressure testing of the dampening I did on the rear quarter panels. I wouldn't be surprised if dampener hasn't given me more like 1.5 dB total.

* - When I lost the mysterious 0.1 earlier with the single sub setup I found the cause - at some point I had broken the glue above my spider on the triple joint so the coil was sliding around a bit. I am guessing this was at some point when I was driving around playing music on it with four 1500s @ 1/2 ohm each. So the 152.1 was a real number but with the glue breakage I slipped back 0.1 dB

---

I am pretty much done now - I can still go back in and double layer the doors but I won't do that until I get the peak back to where it should be in the 50s by re-tuning the box. I can also dampen the front floor board as I haven't done that yet... that may be a while as I'll have to take a ton of stuff out to do it.

If I make more gains by adding more dampener I will come back and make a new post in the log!

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg