Sonic Electronix

alright, so I'm trying to figure out what would be a great box size for this JBL GT5 im getting ready to buy, I'm taking Boon's advice and buying only 1, which would probably be the best thing to do, anyway. I have exactly 12" depth to play with in this spot, this sub is 7-5/16" so I shouldnt have problems with that, (yes, under my bed, what else would i keep under there besides hookers dead bod- did I say hookers? I meant Waffles. Yes... tasty waffles.)

so how big should I go? I plan on tuning this bad boy to 35, and want to make it so the port faces the wall, as that would probably be best option I have(have an 8 under there right now that is hitting DEEP, I mean like ear pain deep loudness, Not bad at all for a single 8, and for all you doubters, Cabin Gain is a myth, comparing my 10s to the 3 different cars I heard em in, all of them failed in comparison to how they sound in my room, its all about accoustics baby :D (yes, I did have the 10s under the bed, but I traded em for a Kicker CVR 15, GREAT subwoofer for the price!)

few more things - this box will be getting plenty of dampener and stuffing (when I say dampener, I do not mean sound deadening, because its not really needed, im just gonna glue layers of melamine foam to the box parts on the inside, then stuff it with some acousti-stuf (the 5 pound bag of course :D)

Anyways.

questions right now :

box size

great tuning freq (im still thinking 35)

(the hookers thing was a joke, im just bored)

EDIT - Forgot to mention its a 15!

EDIT2 - I fail at grammar and sentence building. Fix't my careless mistake.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

cabin gain isnt a myth.

my truck is loudest with the windows down and i lose dbs with them up.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

that'd be because your box is tuned so low, sorry bout never buyin' that RE man, been a long year for me so far, dropped 3 deals I so should have jumped on and lost some nice subs.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

that'd be because your box is tuned so low, sorry bout never buyin' that RE man, been a long year for me so far, dropped 3 deals I so should have jumped on and lost some nice subs.

nah its kewl.

its doing other things right now :)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

it'll be getting 300w rms off of my sony amp (no, its not a car amp, and yes, it actually does the amount of AC voltage for 300w rms @ 60hz)

and I already think I got a good idea of what to do, throw it in the biggest box I can fit down there,

so im thinking 5 cubes would do nice.

(12x24x36) probably tune it to 34.

imma upload this pic and throw it up in the matter of minutes, gonna throw it on my DeviantART account or somethin. dunno yet.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

15___Subwoofer_box_by_CorruptedSephiroth.jpg

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Archived