Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4th Order Blowthrough Help


KHARPS

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi everyone! I just signed up here but I am a member on a couple of the other car audio forums. I currently have a single 10'' DC lv4xl powered by a saz1500d in a reg cab ranger. I'm in the middle of upgrading to a pair of lv4s w/ lv5 coils and doing a blowthrough in my ranger. In order to keep the cutout small I've been instructed to do a 4th order bandpass. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in designing an enclosure for me? My max dimensions are 40'' wide x 15'' tall, depth will be up to the design. I will gladly pay whoever can put together a design for me. Thanks!

Posted

How big can the cutout be?

Would you consider 6th order?

EDIT: 15" tall isn't big enough to fit the subs vertically, can you go a little taller or do the subs have to be horizontal?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Posted

15'' should be plenty to fit 12s vertically. I just realized I forgot to mention that the lv4s were 12'', sorry. Footlongsam is putting one together for me though.

Posted
15'' should be plenty to fit 12s vertically. I just realized I forgot to mention that the lv4s were 12'', sorry. Footlongsam is putting one together for me though.

Ahhhh for some reason I assumed they were 15s :P

Heh. Mmm this make the box I've designed way too big, lol...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Posted
Ahhhh for some reason I assumed they were 15s :P

Heh. Mmm this make the box I've designed way too big, lol...

I really wanted to do 15s but I use my bed a lot so depth of the box is an issue. Thanks anyways though!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2413 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...