Well first off for those of you who do not know i am trying to enlist in the Army, but i have been denied 2 times already, due to past medical issues. What happened was when i was younger i was diagnosed with asthma, and asthma is a automatic denial with getting enlisted, since they say it will affect your ability to do your training. blah blah, you get the point. Well i disclosed that i had been diagnosed with the childhood asthma and well for any of you looking to get in the military, it is not affecting you right now or has affected you in the last couple years you do not have it. I have learned the the hard and expensive way. Neways i went and did a PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) back in 04' and it showed i had a slight obstruction and the dr was quick to jump to say i had asthma, even when i told him i had not had any symptoms of asthma, then i did another PFT in 06 and it showed i had no obstruction and i was quote average, so to further test this i was given alburtoral (i know i misspelled that but sound it out ;) ) and then given the PFT again and i showed no significant resonse to alburtoral so i was medically cleared of the possibility of asthma, or so i had thougth. I turned in my paperwork again, and was informed that my Asvab test had since expired so i had to retake it to submit my paperwork. I took the asvab and scored a 84 overall and had a GT score of 117, so i turned in my paperwork again and about 2 weeks later i was denied again. I was pretty upset about it but i kept on looking for another way to get in, and i think i found it. My recruiter was new when i first went to him so he wasntsure of what you can and cant do to get people in like challenging the denial of my waiver, with additional proof that i do not have any problems with what denied me. So my step dad went to talk to the recruiter and the recruiter he talked to happened to be my recruiters boss who also happened to be my step dads medic when he was over in desert storm, and he has provided a possible way that i can get in. I had to get notes from my JROTC instructors stating i showed no signs of asthma in my 4 years with the program, and i had to get my paper stating i did 4 years so if i am accepted and able to enlist i can get my promotion going into basic as a E-2, and i had to take another PFT this time with a drug that would show anything and everything that was wrong with my lungs. So today i went in and did my Methacholine Challenged PFT, and talk about nervous, well it took about an hour to complete that test and do some chest xrays. The methacholine put alot of stress on my lungs and made it kinda difficult to breath a lil but when the test was finished it was confirmed that I DO NOT HAVE ASTHMA. So i resubmitted my paperwork again and hopefully i can get in the Army now or i just wasted $500 for this procedure. So wish me luck i will keep yall updated.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

thanks... me to i am getting tired of hearing the army say no, heh maybe with all this troop surge stuff they have planned i will be able to get in easier now. And talking to my recruiter he said this year has not been a good one at the office he works in.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

well a update, i have been denied again. This time i was told my test that i took that they didnt give me enough methacholine thats why it didnt show asthma. I think the bastards dont want to to join. They tell me that i didnt have enough of the drug during the test but they neglect to tell me how much i need so i can retake the test. So all i can do now is bug them, or start writing some congressmen and senators, which i have already started doing. Hopefully that will turn up something.

The Army doesn't care about getting you in. They have wayyy too many people in already. The Marine Corps is hurting for people. I joined with Asthma. I did not say shit about it. Never showed up and I am still in. I get out in a little over five months. Man up. Go to the other branch and they will take you. We are extremely short on our Marines.

Edited by Cpl Dozier

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works