Sonic Electronix

Hmm...this seems like a fun one.

You have no voltage loss, amps don't go into protect, but at high volumes everything shuts down? All three amps?

All three amps shuts off, it seems like the remote wire is the problem so I`m going to try to the make a few changes and it will hopefully make it work again

:)

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

On my current setup I have it on the wire that makes it turn on when the car turns on, I`ll try the constant one and if it works i`ll make a switch for it :rolleyes:

Honestly, I would try to find the issue before rigging it. If something happens down the road, you have many more factors that could be the problem if you rig it.

If you have it hooked up to ACC, try putting it on the B+ from the head unit. And you weren't really specific on what happened...

Do the amps turn off or does audio just stop?

If you turn it down, does the sound come back or do you have to recycle power (i.e. turn it off, then on)?

Is there a specific volume it does it at?

Have you turned down the gains on the amp to see if it's vibration causing the issue?

There's lots of things that could be wrong. Just tryin to help ;)

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Honestly, I would try to find the issue before rigging it. If something happens down the road, you have many more factors that could be the problem if you rig it.

If you have it hooked up to ACC, try putting it on the B+ from the head unit. And you weren't really specific on what happened...

Do the amps turn off or does audio just stop?

If you turn it down, does the sound come back or do you have to recycle power (i.e. turn it off, then on)?

Is there a specific volume it does it at?

Have you turned down the gains on the amp to see if it's vibration causing the issue?

There's lots of things that could be wrong. Just tryin to help ;)

Thanks man :) All the three amps turn off, it isn`t the music that just stops. The music doesn`t come on when I turn the volume down, I have to turn the car off and on and then it works until I play loud again, it does it at 23 out of 30 on the player (kenwood double din, ddx7029) I have never had that problem earlier. I have not turned the gains on my amplifier down to see if it is the vibration that does it, but I don`t think it is that because all three amps shuts down simutaniusly. I will have a look at it when I am finished at work and try out the diffirent things that may cause this problemsand find the right one and then rig it :)

Thanks for all the help everybody! :drinks:

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

My youtube vids

Ive had a problem before where the headunit isnt getting enough power, if that happens then the radio will shut off and take the 12v remote signal with it, causing your amps to turn off. Make sure your radio is getting enough power. Hook a multimeter up at the headunit and see what it drops down to, if its below 12v its too much, your amps are sucking all the power.

Thanks man :) All the three amps turn off, it isn`t the music that just stops. The music doesn`t come on when I turn the volume down, I have to turn the car off and on and then it works until I play loud again, it does it at 23 out of 30 on the player (kenwood double din, ddx7029) I have never had that problem earlier. I have not turned the gains on my amplifier down to see if it is the vibration that does it, but I don`t think it is that because all three amps shuts down simutaniusly. I will have a look at it when I am finished at work and try out the diffirent things that may cause this problemsand find the right one and then rig it :)

Thanks for all the help everybody! :drinks:

Finally got it fixed!

It seemed like the remote control is broke, the voltage level didn`t drop at all, so I layed out a wire from the starter battery to a switch and back to the amplifiers, works perfect! Don`t know what was wrong with the remote, but the new setup made everything work again :) Lot of work for such a stupid little thing, but worth it in the end :)

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

My youtube vids

Finally got it fixed!

It seemed like the remote control is broke, the voltage level didn`t drop at all, so I layed out a wire from the starter battery to a switch and back to the amplifiers, works perfect! Don`t know what was wrong with the remote, but the new setup made everything work again :) Lot of work for such a stupid little thing, but worth it in the end :)

Glad to hear. Too bad the actual problem couldn't be pinpointed. Time for a new HU!

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Glad to hear. Too bad the actual problem couldn't be pinpointed. Time for a new HU!

I thinks so too, I`m going to get a new HU when I get to sell my car and get a new one, there is no room in the T23 to build something big.

And btw your build is amazing! absolutely mindboggling! :yahoo: I going to try to build a wall in my next car, just have to sell my other car first.

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

My youtube vids