DC Sound Lab

I Want To Move As Much Air As I Can With 2 Lvl4 15's

I will ask dave the dc man in the uk but thought id do a post here too as its too late to be bothering dave now :01nocomment8so:

Anyway i,ll be fitting 2 lvl 4 15's in a grand cherokee each running off 1200- 1500 rms.

Box size isnt a problem.

Whats going to be the best box design for moving loads of air, i,m not bothered by out and out numbers. I play pretty much just hip hop and want it to sound as musical as possible.

So any ideas? I have a lvl4 15 in y van which moves quite a lot of air, its in 4.5 cu ft with a slot port tuned to 32hz iirc.

Would aero ports be better? i hear many like them?

one box or 2 seperate boxes for more control?

I reckon 2 lvl4 15s could pull a hairtrick, maybe not massive but i reckon its possible. My 15 in my sprinter van moves hair just about but nothing to write home about, it moves everything else in there though :clapping:

smaller port = increased air velocity (might help when trying to pull off a hair trick)

2 L4 15"s in a Cherokee might not be enough to pull a proper hair trick.. you'll need a wall if you are really looking for one imo..

because of the flared ends, aero's tend to flow more air.. and they help to reduce port noise as well, so you can get away with using less port area with aero's..

Edited by 3stagevtec
dc-soundlab-1.jpg