01 Suburban Deck Help

i bought i wiring harness and hooked it up color to color and i get power with no sound deck will function just no sound coming out, ive been trying for a while i would just like some help.

the deck is a pioneer and it doesnt have bose stock, the only wires i didnt connect from the plug that fits over the factory plug is oranage and blue would this matter?

Roseville, CA

i bought i wiring harness and hooked it up color to color and i get power with no sound deck will function just no sound coming out, ive been trying for a while i would just like some help.

the deck is a pioneer and it doesnt have bose stock, the only wires i didnt connect from the plug that fits over the factory plug is oranage and blue would this matter?

orange is illumination and blue is remote turn on.

I remember setting my deck up and sound wouldn't come through.

bose apparently has amps within there speakers so I had to connect the remote turn on.

you might try that just to see even though you said you don't have bose.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

It's either a pink or lt green wire that you need to send 12v to kick the amp on... i can't recall that year off the top of my head, but it is definitely pink or green in the factory harness.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

If you don't have bose, it shouldn't matter. Do you have onstar? Is this a new radio? Hook up the blue wire for the hell of it to see if you have some sort of factory amp that needs to be turned on.

What kind of harness did you buy? The cheap one for $10 or the one that retains the factory chimes?

Your stock harness should be wired like this.

Radio 12v orange + radio harness

Radio Ground black - radio harness

Radio Ignition dk. green + radio harness

Radio Illumination brown + radio harness

Factory Amp Turn-on orange or pink + radio harness

LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness

RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness

LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness

RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness

Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

it has onstar and i think it was just a cheap one but i dont have all those wires you were talking about besides speaker wire i only have

black- for ground

orange- says dash light or illumination

yellow- says 12v

red- ignition

blue- power antenna

Roseville, CA

I think your factory amp is behind the glovebox. Those wire colors are for your factory harness, not the one you bought.

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I would find the orange or pink wire & connect it to your red wire on your decks harness. That way your blue wire can be reserved for an amp if you ever decide to add one. Just go through the factory harness & cross reference it with the wire colors I posted. You should have 1 extra wire in the factory harness, that will be your factory amp turn on.

dj2q.jpg

that means you have an amp some where. But I don't know if the speakers would be on it

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.