Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Btl Box


Guest DC Power Kyle

Recommended Posts

Guest KyleCannon
Posted

Hey guys,

getting ready to start thinking of a plan of getting a box sketched up.

Need to know on the 15" model, it says you can do 3-5 cubic feet per sub. What is the difference if i go with the bare minimum versus 5 cubic feet per sub? Pros and Cons of it. I would prefer to have some trunk space left over and dont want to make a huge box or anything in my trunk so I was just wondering the difference on it. I also want to have the box tuned at around 32-33hz unless that is too low for a trunk enclosure. Was also thinking of using aero ports unless you guys think otherwise.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks

FYI I plan on running 1 T1500-1bd per sub and my plan is to get 2 15s. If I need to do the high side of the box (5cft per sub) shall I go with 2 12" BTLs and do 3cuft per sub?

Posted

can you fit a 5 cuft box in your trunk?a bigger box requires less watts for the speaker so you can bump it all right just know that you cant really run that much crazy power to it like say 3-4K. while a more smaller box can take in more wattage.and thats not too low really,

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Guest KyleCannon
Posted

I would be using a T1500-1bd per BTL. I could fit a 5cuft in my trunk but that would really not work for using 2 15s (wouldn't have enough room)

So since I am limited on room, should i stick with 2 12" BTLs with 3cuft per sub at 32-33hz with the T1500s? Or should i get 2 15s and run them at around 3-3.5cuft per sub.

i dont really have much room for anything more than 7cuft. I would like to have SOME trunk space haha.

Edit: ill give you some rough measurements I was thinking for an enclosure (this is what i would like to have because it still gives me trunk space)

33 width

14 high (I have a seatbelt in the middle that comes down so i can only do a max of 15" in the back so i might have to make a wedge enclosure to clear the back and to bring it up to 18"~ (give or take) or so in the front; by running 12s this would solve this problem and i dont have to do a wedge)

20-24 deep

Or I can do 1 18 at 6-7cuft

Guest KyleCannon
Posted

Sorry another question. In a trunk, how bad would it affect the bass if i had the sub firing up and the port to the back of the trunk? this will allow me to fit an 18" BTL in the trunk better.

Also. Can I run one amp per voicecoil from the T1500 to 1 18" BTL? I know they are really .7 coils but with box rise and such I shouldn't cook the amps right?

So all in all, I want something that is loud! Question is, will it be louder with a single 18" BTL with 3k watts or 2 15s with 1500watts a piece.... yes i know cone area and all, but it would be overall cheaper for me to get a single 18 and save a couple hundred and if it's not that big of a difference number wise I think it would be wiser for me to do that.

Posted

ive got my 18"Q in my trunk sub up port back and i like the sound ALOT and dont have too much rattle

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

Guest KyleCannon
Posted

how loud is it? can you get a pic of your box for me

if not how low is the port? bottom of the box?

Posted

I am wondering the same thing about box size. If the recomended box size for a woofer is between 3 to 5 cubes. How do the variations effect the sound? Is bigger always better? Why not just recomend a certain size? like this woofer must be in 5 cubes for optimal performance.

I am looking at space for two DC lvl4xl 15's and will probably only have about 7 cubes. Didnt mean to thread jack but I dont want to start another thread with the same question and maybe both of our questions can be taken care of.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7858 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...