Sonic Electronix

3 Questions In 1 Post, Can You Please Step In Here?

Well to answer all of your questions simply, yes. Any electrical upgrade you do will benefit your system. As far as making it louder, well, that's not always the case. If you had big voltage drop before, then you will be louder for longer periods of time. And the higher the voltage going into the amp means higher voltage coming out. Sometimes the difference isn't noticable to the ear, but to the meter it will be.

As far as your impedance, My MOJOs are wired up with very long 8AWG wire but I only have a .3 ohm rise standing per circuit. Unless you're using 12 gauge or less, you should be fine.

Im using 8ga speaker wire......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

To answer your ohm load question in more depth, what multimeter are you using? Often they aren't calibrated extremely well (nor very accurate) at very very low ohm loads.

Try touching the leads together, the reading will jump to 0 but often if you hold it for a few seconds it will climb back up to 0.2 or so, this is a combination of the error of your meter and the resistance of the leads. Make sure you subtract this from your ohm load :) Also remember that the speaker wires might add 0.1 ohms or so.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!