Sonic Electronix

Getting Aggrevated On Mounting My Amps

i'm getting ready to do a new install , i might have to mount them to the back of the box , what do you's think of that?i might make another board the size of the back of the box to make it stout, and maybe some rubber between the amp rack/board and the box. i hate the idea of mounting these amps to the box. i probably won't do this , just the room is tight in the trunk of my car

You know you could always put them on an independent surface inside the cab. That's what I'll be doing with this next build most likely. You could dress it up, flush mount them, etc.. Plenty of options. Unless it's strong as shit, I wouldn't mount them to the box.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

When its single baffle I use rubber washers and when its double baffle i just screw right on box...

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

You know you could always put them on an independent surface inside the cab. That's what I'll be doing with this next build most likely. You could dress it up, flush mount them, etc.. Plenty of options. Unless it's strong as shit, I wouldn't mount them to the box.

thats what i was thinking but gona have to be very creative because space is a bitch and i want it to look professional not like a bowl noodles wires every where

thats what i was thinking but gona have to be very creative because space is a bitch and i want it to look professional not like a bowl noodles wires every where

Just plan the build to have beauty panels to cover wires. Think about how you'll cut them, where they'll go, how thick, where wires will run, etc. and then build accordingly. It's easy when you plan.

I found space in the back now, so I won't be putting them in the cab, but it's always an option. Make sure they stay behind the B-pillar if you ever want to compete though

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Just plan the build to have beauty panels to cover wires. Think about how you'll cut them, where they'll go, how thick, where wires will run, etc. and then build accordingly. It's easy when you plan.

I found space in the back now, so I won't be putting them in the cab, but it's always an option. Make sure they stay behind the B-pillar if you ever want to compete though

yes when you plan things go alot smoother, and i have planned all the way though this one and haven't even started yet and i have everything to complete this install, just time is hard to come by after work when the weather sucks.

Archived