New Box For My Bedroom (1 18, 25" X 20" X 30")

your right building a box is not hard

but designing a box isnt all that easy if you dont know what to do

you need to figure out how big your box is in your case 13.9 cubes before displacement

second all you need to figure out how much port area you need so 13-16 ^2 of port per cube of your box so in your case you need roughly 175-200^2 of port depending on application once thats figured out you can figure out how big your port needs to be how wide and tall and what not, once you figure that out you can figure out tuning

oh and your welcome for the box design

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

so should I be able to use your designs with my driver?

or should I get into math and try to figure displacement with the driver in it?

box designing is complicated @_@

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Lmfao, even at 5 ft away i screwed my livingroom tv.

But yea without pics this thread is worthless

take a look, the pics of my baffle are on the first page, havent got my woofer yet.

next post will be the picture of my baffle cut to Uhoh_45's specs.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Posted Image

fuck, the circle is off by a bit x.x

oh well, we shouldnt have any problems.

baffle cut to 38.75 x 22.5

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Sorry bro. i saw your pick and it sums your build log up well

its alright, gotta get 1 more sheet of MDF before I can finish the box regardless.

probably gonna have to take the jigsaw to my computer desk so I can fit the box under there.

so. unused closet space anyone? :3

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

real talk?

cause I gotta bring each piece into here to take a picture of that shit.

thats actually been the problem since my cam got stolen. (hoodlums piss me off)

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Archived