Sundown Audio

Memphis Amp Help

moose

alright guys...im doin a build for a friend and he has two JL 10w0s on 1 memphis 500 watt PR amp....the memphis amp keeps blowing its fuses.....what would be the cause of this?? it came stock with a 20amp fuse ive tried 20 25 and 30 and as soon as you turn the key "Pop"...is this a problem with the amp itself or can i do something to fix this?

Moose

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

checked, double checked, and triple checked everything...nothin wrong...so i had the kid take it back where he got it from and they called him yesterday and said they sent it out to memphis and its an internal problem....but its all good cuz they gave him a new one cuz of warranty!!! thanks for the help guys

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Memphis amps are like women. They are beautiful, powerful, and Incredibly sensitive. I fucking hated my Mojo and loved it at the same time. Would dish out unreal power and then go into protect FOR NO FUCKING REASON!!! Hope he has better luck cause the sure are purty.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Memphis amps are like women. They are beautiful, powerful, and Incredibly sensitive. I fucking hated my Mojo and loved it at the same time. Would dish out unreal power and then go into protect FOR NO FUCKING REASON!!! Hope he has better luck cause the sure are purty.

x2.

i love their amps but i will never run them again.

sounds like someone wasnt careful with their amps?... ive ran both the memphis mojo and 300.4 for over a year now and i have yet to break one of the amps, very strong and get the job done very well.... and all i can see is others messing them up, dont yall read directions anymore? or just assume you know what youre doing lol

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

sounds like someone wasnt careful with their amps?... ive ran both the memphis mojo and 300.4 for over a year now and i have yet to break one of the amps, very strong and get the job done very well.... and all i can see is others messing them up, dont yall read directions anymore? or just assume you know what youre doing lol

Mine lasted six months before I sold it. It didn't like subsonic filter being off and went into protect. Turn it on and it started working perfect. Prolly my most favorite amp but god damn was it touchy. But they are known for that kind of shit.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

i love my amps, and the looks, but i can say i do wish they made them wider and shorter so they would be eaiser to mount, what good does a 3.5foot amp have? does it disapate heat better being skinny and long or just look better....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

i love my amps, and the looks, but i can say i do wish they made them wider and shorter so they would be eaiser to mount, what good does a 3.5foot amp have? does it disapate heat better being skinny and long or just look better....

Thats a big reason why I liked mine so much, they are very sexy. That heat thing may have a big part in it. I do not recall mine every being hot and I would run that thing all day, my Z1 however gets hot really fast.

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback