I'm looking to drop my 2000 F150. What all in terms of bags, compressors, etc. do I need? I have been told VIAIR 250's and Firestone Dominator bags, what else am I going to need to lay frame?

4 - 15 Sundown Z v.2 @ 35Hz

2 - AP3000D

2 - RF Power Punch 6.5 Comps

2 - RF Power Power

1 - Kinetic KHC2000

3 - Kinetic KHC2400

Iraggi 300A

Knu Wiring

To lay frame on 22" or larger wheels properly and have a good ride you will need the following:

2" drop spindles

Upper and lower lowered tubular control arms (plate in the lower and bolt the bag to it so you don't use a bag cup)

Slam RE6 or RE7 bags (slam bags usually don't need shocks in the front so it makes install easier)

Transmission crossmember (Grant Customs makes one for the F150) or it will not lay frame just sit on the tranny crossmember making it sit higher in the front than the back

your choice of valves, i like Parker 1/2 inch valves but there are lots of good brands (you need 8 of them)

1/2 air line, dot approved plastic line or you can plumb it with copper tubing, your choice (copper will last longer)

Switch box or ride height controller

2 link with panhard bar, 3 link, parallel 4 link with watts link or pan hard bar, or a triangulated 4 link for the back (on the tri-4link the gas tank will need to be relocated)

step notch

Compressors (i like the Viair 480's, 100% duty cycle and goes to 200psi) get atleast two and minimum 5 gallons of air, i would recommend 10 gallons and 4 compressors

You will need to relocate alot of electronics under the hood and relocate the wheel tubs in the front

I used a hydroboost to eliminate the brake booster (tire hit it when it was layed out) not necessary but you will need it for bigger wheels

tubs for the bed unless you are going to leave it open (not an option for me since i have a bed cut and the system is back there)

Compression fittings, don't use the push style fittings they will eventually fail and leave you screwed on the side of the road

There are other crossmembers you will have to notch and you may have to notch the cab slightly if you have an extended cab or crew cab. you will see where the drive shaft will hit when it is aired out.

that is the majority of it, you will need mad welding skills or a good installer to make it happen.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

here is mine before i started the body drop, that frame hangs low under the truck and without the tranny crossmember it would have been about and inch higher in the front.

truck2.jpg

Picture679.jpg

the wheels cambered in like crazy when it layed out to clear the old fenders, it won't do that as bad when the body drop is complete since the expedition front clip gives me more room for wheel clearance.

Picture674.jpg

Edited by sully

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

how much would all of that run me (roughly)

im in school so i dont have ANY time to work on it myself....

also, you know of any good shops in central florida that could do the job right?

thanks

2 - AP3000D

2 - RF Power Power

1 - Kinetic KHC2000

3 - Kinetic KHC2400

Iraggi 300A

Knu Wiring

how much would all of that run me (roughly)

im in school so i dont have ANY time to work on it myself....

also, you know of any good shops in central florida that could do the job right?

thanks

check out Silver Star Customs they are closer to you than I am. one of the top shops in the US right now.

As for cost, plan on anywhere from 5k-7500 if you want it done right. You could get a basic job done for 3500 but it would prob break or ride like crap. The pics of mine from just lowered with wheels to bag it right laying frame and put the expedition front clip on it cost $7000, we are waiting to paint the clip till the body drop is complete just in case it gets a few scratches it is just easier to sand down primer then start over. That is a hook up thru a friend that owns a body shop and does bag jobs on the side. I do have a fuel cell instead of a gas tank, have two battery racks and 4 compressors under the bed that we had to fabricate the way i wanted it so it could have been less if i wasn't soo picky.

When i get it back i will have the tubular control arms that are on it for sale, they are the DJM lowered control arms that we chopped down and plated to work with larger wheels. The body drop should start this week if they have room for it at Ekstensive Metalworks. They have been busy, gave them the deposit about 6 months ago and haven't had room to take it in yet. Guess you have to wait for the best sometimes, like i could really see progress from where i am in Iraq anyway so as long as it is done when i get home everything will be great.

sick dude.

what kind of price difference would i be lookin at if i just wanted to bag it without layin frame (but close)?

ya man, i hear you on not bein able to be close to ur truck, im at the naval academy and i havent seen her in months!

2 - AP3000D

2 - RF Power Power

1 - Kinetic KHC2000

3 - Kinetic KHC2400

Iraggi 300A

Knu Wiring

basic bag job installed prob about $3500 or so