Getting Into The Car Audio Biz

Summer's coming up and I am going to be looking for a job soon. I don't want to work fast food again, and while making decent money for a local grocer seems appealing, I want to look at some other options. Does anyone have any recommendations for summer jobs that involve car audio? I don't know if there are any around for a 17 year old, but if I can find somewhere that will pay even like seven or eight bucks an hour where I can learn how to install and such, I would take that over any other job. Any ideas/spots where you guys started out?

Too many projects, too little time...

I don't know a lot of reputable shops that hire 17 year old installers off the street. Not saying it doesn't happen. I just don't know any. I'm 18 with connections and I still haven't been able to land a job installing.

IMO your best bet will be to start installing stuff for your friends/family for a small charge and then when you get better. Throw an ad on craigslist, etc. for installing audio equipment. After you start making a name for your self, then try getting hired on at a shop.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I went to Acoustic Edge in Houston to get MECP certified. I would highly reccoment taking their weeks 1-5 courses. These are all the skills you will ever need in a car audio shop. I also took the masters courses & I didn't get much out of them at all. I feel like the masters courser were really just refresher courses on technique that you were taught in previous weeks.

They also now have alot more classes on home audio, multi media, home alarm installation, custom interior, ect. I would reccomend going to some of these ONLY if you are looking for specific training in these fields.

Their MECP & basic car audio weeks 1-5 is all I would do if I knew then what I know now.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I went to Acoustic Edge in Houston to get MECP certified. I would highly reccoment taking their weeks 1-5 courses. These are all the skills you will ever need in a car audio shop. I also took the masters courses & I didn't get much out of them at all. I feel like the masters courser were really just refresher courses on technique that you were taught in previous weeks.

They also now have alot more classes on home audio, multi media, home alarm installation, custom interior, ect. I would reccomend going to some of these ONLY if you are looking for specific training in these fields.

Their MECP & basic car audio weeks 1-5 is all I would do if I knew then what I know now.

Cool! I wonder if there's anyhting like that around here...

Too many projects, too little time...

how much did it cost there? that is in my area.

Thank you very much!

My g parents keep asking me every other day, so where you going to college? Have you decided yet? HUH HUH?

Finally can start looking in to things.

sold everything