Sundown Audio

500rms Sub Amps

white4d96

I may suck it up and do that then.

I am still open to any ideas though; this will take a while to save money, regardless of what amp I buy.

EDIT: upon looking at the Audioque site, it will be very hard to change my mind off of it. I welcome anyone and everyone to try though

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

Get a big 2 channel and bridge it... way cheaper than a monoblock. Most monoblocks are designed to make power at 1 or 2 ohms so you have to pay crazy money to get just 600w @ 4 ohms...

I was looking towards a monoblock for the subsonic filters. I was also not sure if the heat produced by my amp was a result of bridging, as I ran the same amp with each sub powered by a separate channel and the heat buildup (and sound levels) dropped dramatically.

Too many projects, too little time...

I was looking towards a monoblock for the subsonic filters. I was also not sure if the heat produced by my amp was a result of bridging, as I ran the same amp with each sub powered by a separate channel and the heat buildup (and sound levels) dropped dramatically.

Subsonic filters aren't super-important with the power levels you're talking about, IMO :)

I always tell this to people looking for little monoblocks - soon enough you'll want to upgrade, then you can use the 2-channel to run some mids. But what can you do with a 500w monoblock...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Subsonic filters aren't super-important with the power levels you're talking about, IMO :)

I always tell this to people looking for little monoblocks - soon enough you'll want to upgrade, then you can use the 2-channel to run some mids. But what can you do with a 500w monoblock...

what can you do?

pull a 1 ohm load off of it and get as much as 1400 rms. :spiteful:

yes sir. now this is when the amp is right before the point of clipping and depending on what kind of signal it gets it will clip a little at this power but i've had mine at over 1400 rms with no clipping. this is the range of the amplifier where you have to be careful and know what your doing or it will roast some subs.

but with 14.8 volts i saw one of these pull a clean 1500 rms.

for 249 dollars.

i'm not trying to push this on you i'm just trying to let you know that planning ahead and buying quality the first time around will save you alot of dough.

i just bought one of these for $53 and i got a a bd1000 for $155 so i know they got balls

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Power...93%3A1|294%3A50

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

i'm always a fan of doing it right the first time, and from what i've seen and heard that AQ will be perfect (and 50 dollars is you not getting coffee for a week, i'm sure you can scrimp and make it happen, its sooo worth it)

the other stuff you listed there, from experience, is crap basically. they have trouble doing rated power at any impedance, their 1 and 2ohm ratings are generally never going to happen, and you DO get what you pay for. Magic smoke isnt uncommon with a 100some dollar hifonics.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC