Sundown Audio

500rms Sub Amps

white4d96

I am in the market for a new amp, considering that my 350w amp tends to broil under its current load. I am looking for 500-600 watts RMS at either 4 or 1 ohm, preferably for less than $200 shipped. I am scouring Sonic Electronix as I speak and came up with some ideas:

(all prices + S&H)

Phoenix Gold Ryval V8001- $150

MB Quart DSC 500.1- $150

Sony XM-GTR6001- $150

Power Acoustik LFA1-2000D- $160

Hifonics BXi 610 (BXi610)- $160

Kenwood KAC-9103D- $170

I was wondering if anyone had used any of these and would be able to offer some insight as to whether or not they are decent amps. I am not looking for top-of-the-line, super clean power; just something to match my entry-level 10" type S subs.

Thanks in advance for the help,

-Austin

Too many projects, too little time...

I would go with the kenwood as this is amp is stable at 1ohm but it's says on the box only 2ohm stable but i run this amp of 2 12" JVC subs which are 350rms each DVC 4ohm and the amp never over heats of clips. It may be more money but it's worth the money i say.

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

most of those won't put out an actual 600 rms.

but if i had to choose i would go with the hifonics.

you get what you pay for though.

save up 249 dollars and get an audioque 1200d.

puts out an actual 500+ at 4 ohms. and when you want to upgrade later you have 1200 at 1 ohm. everyone upgrades eventually so keep that in mind.

pay 160 now and then 249 down the road or 249 now and spend the other money on new subs?

well if you're gonna have if for a few years then get something good.

i personally would not buy any of those amps.

you will only be pulling 500 watts at 4 ohms

this amp is pretty efficient at 4 ohm and it won't pull anymore power than any of the other amps you were planning on using.

i use 2 of these at 1 ohms running over 2500 rms with a stock alt, yellow top up front and the big three and i only have a 1 volt voltage drop.

when i got my first one though it was completely stock electrical at 1 ohm and i had no voltage drop.

you will be fine.

i wish i would have gotten a good amp like this for my first one. i've upgraded so many times and used almost every brand out there and these are the best amps for the money.