Sonic Electronix

Need experienced Sundown users help with future system

ok i am not too sure on what type of sundown setup to go with. i have a 99 dodge durango slt 4x4 5.9l. i am wanting to go with all sundown gear. im debating on weather to keep my third row or not. i know if i do then ill definatly have enough room for the 2 nightshade 18's i would love to have. but at the same time i like my back seat i can have more people i the truck and have a place to throw stuff so my backseat isnt clutered and it wont roll around all over the place. but if i get the 18's i could also make alittle seat that someoen could sit in back there by the audio stuff. i will be debating to use the following setups, depending on the space i have to work with. i will get all the measurements tonight. but these setups i was thinking of.2 18 nightshades, with them i would like to get a 3000d. but im sure they will all be gone by the time i get the money. and if it comes to it then a 3500d. im gonna need 2 of whatever i use for amps. then for if i have enough room with the third row up 2 nightshade 12's or 15's. on possibly a 3000d per pair or a 3500d if i need to. and for batts ive been looking at all differnt types of batterys. but id like them to be in the range of the power and whatnot a PM 2400 has. the front battery and the one im sticking in the back for whatever i use so its there are gonna be the batterys that i find of the 2400's specs. and then 1 more for every 3000d i use. and then 1 1/2 for every 3500d i use. and ive got teh wiring tooken care of. and upgraded or another amp will be added later on

oh a MLA modual will be added before the upgraded or added alt to the truck. and im eventualy gonna get a 4 channel sundown amp for highs.

Edited by mrafrica
And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

i went and got the cargo area measurements. ok this is with the seat up. the opening into it is 46 1/2 inchs, the floor is 20 1/2 deep. then at the top of the seat its 14 1/2, the top of the seats is 18 1/12, the back window line is only 15 1/2 i might wanna stay around it if i can for height, then there are pockets on the sides that make the width 57 inchs. there has to be a space thats 11 inchs high and 13 inchs deep in box. so that the hatch can be opened. i can show a pic if someone helps and needs a visual

i beleive i have like 6 or 7 cubes to work with?

Edited by mrafrica

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

4.5 for both of them in a box???? or 4.5 apiece??

I give mine 4.0 cubes each and they love it!!!

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

oh ok awsome. cause i was looking into getting one sub for right now. and thats awsome it will fit one back there. i need the dementions of the subs some how.

id also like to findout the price of a nightshade 18 D1 because i cant fnd the price on any of the internet dealers.

Edited by mrafrica

any help?

My goal was one 18 with the third row still, needless to say it didnt happen because of the narrow opening at the top of the seats between it and the liftgate honestly if u wanna go with an 18 then ur gonna be losing it because if u face the sub back itll smack the lift gate everytime it moves and theres not enough room between the back hatch and the seat for the sub to fit either but if u find a way pls let me know lol

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

i could always move the seat up and then push the back more upright of the seat. so then i can gain room there. i will worry about the fitting when i get the sub in hands.