Not At All Impressed With Setup After Box #3! Opinions Needed!

Ok i get long winded in posts but please try and follow me cuzz im getting rather pissed off..

Box 1. Sealed 5.1ft^3....sounded like shit

Box 2. 6.02cf^3 with 3 4in dia ports at 12in long...1 port in top 1 in each end, was loud as hell OUTSIDE the truck/behind the headrests.

box 3. Same as above but 3 4in ports in the top at 9in long.... lost all output,way out of Freq. range for these subs im assuming.

Im kinda tired of spending all this money so if you have any input please spit it out there.

3 power acoustik FUBAR 12w subs

Powerzone 1500.1 Series/Par. for 2.3ohm before bridging.

Its in an Extended caab 94 GMC seira.

Current Box(port location changed today)

And box i have in mind this time around from Exosprts calc(thnx man)

DSC01751.jpg

box-1.jpg

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

down firing box, subs down, port down no less than 8" away from floor (if its in the ext cab) or subs forward, ports down firing, both help to eliminate cancellation from my knoledge, but i'm sure those more experienced with trucks will post soon

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

How much width do you have to work with?

I'll Sketchup something tonight.

I have 62 1/8 wide it can go up to 20in deep and 24 tall, im trying to keep it below the rear window as much as possible.. I would appreciate it so much ..Thanks!!!

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

Trucks are a pain in the ass some times. What I have seen work the best is a wall or clam but your in the same boat as I am keeping it below the back glass, one thing I have done is to put the subs as high as I can gave me a .2 db gain ain't much so I took it all out and MDF the whole truck except the windows, doors, and floor board and then covered it with cheap roll roof got a 3 db gain much better and at a competition I said the hell with it and tried out some window blocks another .5 db gain. Setup was subs forward port up went from 145 to 148.5 db at 46hz and 80 bucks. Their is tricks but for the most part its trial and error. For some reason trucks just need more power

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

Trucks are a pain in the ass some times. What I have seen work the best is a wall or clam but your in the same boat as I am keeping it below the back glass, one thing I have done is to put the subs as high as I can gave me a .2 db gain ain't much so I took it all out and MDF the whole truck except the windows, doors, and floor board and then covered it with cheap roll roof got a 3 db gain much better and at a competition I said the hell with it and tried out some window blocks another .5 db gain. Setup was subs forward port up went from 145 to 148.5 db at 46hz and 80 bucks. Their is tricks but for the most part its trial and error. For some reason trucks just need more power

I had a feeling, I havent had a setup in years and the last real Number i pulled back then was a 162.3 Outlaw(i dont think this exists anymore) and a 157.6 " leagal" back then it was 6in from front glass at the side window arch away, you could be the car, but only to hit the volume(no tuning).. Funny thing it was Xtra Cab S10.. but i walled it with 6 12w-1s(old first version) sealed in like 12or14 some odd feet with an ignorant amount(like 350rms each on a 125w woofer) This port game is FUN and FRUSTRATING.. It needed a whole new build in the sealed days, now 10bux of MDF or PVC can change a whole lot...

What are you doing to stiffen teh rear wall/window flex, it is way to much in my truck. Or did he mdf stiffen it up enough? if someone stands in the bed and hold sthe glass you can hear/feel the loss when they let go.

In my apartments, i really dont want to go full out as of yet, but my plan in the next year or so is 6 12 and 3 amps in a wall, but i gotta have bang NOW as well..lol Notice the cheapo compnents.My lovely neighbor hood limits me to be willing to loose a good setup at any given time.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

What are you doing to stiffen teh rear wall/window flex, it is way to much in my truck. Or did he mdf stiffen it up enough? if someone stands in the bed and hold sthe glass you can hear/feel the loss when they let go.

I'm not sure how yours is but mine has groves in it, but I used MDF and for the groves I used a can of expanda foam for the gaps and covered it with roll roof little to no flex. My main problem has been the side windows they have a latch and they move way to much, if I had it my way I would just wall it and be done. Our test here in TN are weird we have to test with the mic in the seat but that's MECA for ya, another thing I have done is bought some cheap rubber wheel block and a trash grabber and wedge them in between the back wall and bed of the truck looks like shit but it works.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

To be honest, i havent pulle dthe carpet down yet, but i know what you mean by the grooves. I dont seem to have an issue with my side windows right now, but that probably because the rear wall flapps so much itll touch the front of the bed.

I know its been 10+yrs since i was "into" audio, but man i have got it bad again!!

Thanks for everyones help!!

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s