Second Skin Audio

Blew A Type-r - Am I Already Blowing My Other Type-r?

its not uncommon for them to be a little bit off, like a 4 is bewtween 3.5 and 4.5, and a 2 may go as low as 1.4

but a 4 being 1ohm is definately wrong....looks like one is down and you learned a lesson about gain and boost

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Most definitely... thanks for your help

I feel like an idiot and rightfully so

I can't believe I blew two Type-R's in less than a month. I can only imagine how many uneducated people are drivin around out there with only one sub working, or voice coils blown and not knowing it.

Shouldn't have believed it! Cause I blew one simply from clipping and/or underpowering when i had it @ 4ohms with the other Type-R

P/S the worst thing you can do is send a clipped signal to your subs!!!!!!!!!! and they are a good sub, with a smart user...

Turn your bass boost off, match your Gain to your output of your headunit... and leave your deck bass at 0....

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

One VC is at 3.5ohms... the other is at 1.0ohms =(

On the other sub they're both 4 >> But it's a bit weird cause when wired for 8ohms this one measures @ 7.3ohms

That's definitely no bueno.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Of course it's my fault. And I agree it fucks companies over. I just wish I had known better.

I was told by countless people that "Type-Rs are nearly invincible" and "Type-R's can handle well over half the RMS they claim" and "Type-R's can take any beating".

Shouldn't have believed it! Cause I blew one simply from clipping and/or underpowering when i had it @ 4ohms with the other Type-R

my buddy was running close to 4k to 2 type r 12s and didnt blow them, they were in a propper enclosure and there was no dirty power or clipping or bass boost nothing like that and there still kicking it today the type arg is a good sub you just cant be an idiot and clip the shit out of it with your bass boost and maxed gains

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

**Oh and I'll never listen to that former Car Toys now Best Buy installer again (I work with him. He's the lead car audio installer, I work @ computer geek squad). He was gonna get the same setup as me... Wouldn't be surprised if he was givin me bad advice for shits and giggles (he's that type)**

i dont see how its his fault when you used the gain knob as a volume knob (you had it maxed out along with the bass boost maxed out)

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

you should tell your supervisor/manager that hes not qualified to be an installer then

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0