Second Skin Audio

Help Me Build System Aroudn 3 Comp-vx 12"s

KickerAudio21

My frined has a 2005 lexus and has asked me to pimp it out. Money is not an issue. He wants to use kicker becasue he likes the name brand (so have to use kicker of some form :mellow: . anyways, He wants 12's and since it is a trunked car and he might want it fiberglassed, i figured it'd just skip the whole port thing and go sealed. Did some research and seems like comp-vx perform very well sealed. (realmofexcursion.com has a 12 sub test, and comp-vx came out on top sealed per watt). So I was thinkin about putting a zx2500.1 on 3 of them. That would be a 1.67 ohm load i belive, which i think is ok for that amp, correct me if i'm wrong.

If i go with this setup, what kinda box should they see?.... I''m thinkin around 1.75 cubes per sub would be the limit due to space. And do you think that amp is a good choice for these?

i'd throw a yellow top under the hood, zero ga. wire, maybe a capacitor for looks....

Any suggestions would be appriciated, i need to get a design down so he can buy the stuff.... and no L7's, they are gross sealed... i am contemplating using a solox , the new 2007, but i think 3 comp-vx would sound louder and just as clean

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

Well since 3 compvx's are only rated at 2250 watts rms, and a zx2500.1's birthsheet on average reads 2600+rms id say that may not be the amp for you unless... you got 2 12" solox's and 2 zx2500.1's with the big 3, batteries hidden in the back with a digital voltmeter mounted for the looks you want?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

the amp is 2 ohm stable. The best wiring option would be to run it at 2.67 (3 dual 4's) which would give me 2022 watts if the amp was rated at 2700 watts birthsheet.... I think that is pretty good amp choice???

I considered solo X , but i'd only be able to run one safely off that electrical system. If i run any mor ethan like 2250 watts i'm ognna need to redo alternator for sure, i'm already pusing it. I'm gonna reccomend he upgrade his alt either way, but i'm just taking car of the install, he can put that in if he wants.

for 2022 watts, i think 3 comp-vx is the best choice, i KNOW it would slam

... if you can find a way to wire 3 subs to get exactly 2 ohms let me know...

the amp is 2 ohm stable. The best wiring option would be to run it at 2.67 (3 dual 4's) which would give me 2022 watts if the amp was rated at 2700 watts birthsheet.... I think that is pretty good amp choice???

I considered solo X , but i'd only be able to run one safely off that electrical system. If i run any mor ethan like 2250 watts i'm ognna need to redo alternator for sure, i'm already pusing it. I'm gonna reccomend he upgrade his alt either way, but i'm just taking car of the install, he can put that in if he wants.

for 2022 watts, i think 3 comp-vx is the best choice, i KNOW it would slam

... if you can find a way to wire 3 subs to get exactly 2 ohms let me know...

I see what youre saying so yeah that does sound like it would work and SLAMM. don't think there's a way to get exactly 2 ohms from 3 subs I was just going from your first post that said the amp would be running at 1.67 ohms.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

can u imagine 3 kicker compvx sealed????? Thats origional , not many ppl have that, it't be sick as hell

LExus' are hard to wrok on???? I think the guy has a double din alpine deck in it already, so if that is the case it can't be too hard. i worked at best buy and can dissassemble any car or take care of that stuff, the deck would be the only hard part, but i doubt it could be that hard.

Archived