BJD3 Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 This is going to be a sealed box for my dad's truck. Could I do ported? Probably, but small spaces combined with my lack of skill is telling me not to go that route. Moving on to my question. I just want to double check my measurements. Gross, the box is supposed to be H-10 D-5 W-20. So when it comes time to cut, I would need to cut it by: Front: 8.5 x 20 Sides: 3.5 x 10 Top: 18.5 x 5 Is this correct? I'll have a internal volume of ~.32 cubic feet. One more question. He has a 4 channel amp that bridged does 100x2 @ 4 ohms. If I got a D4 sub, could I connect one coil on one channel, and the other on the second channel? Or would that cause a problem? Thanks! Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
BJD3 Posted April 23, 2009 Author Report Posted April 23, 2009 C'mon yall. I know someone knows something. Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
keitare Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 Why only 10 high what are your putting in there an 8? And you will probably need a shallow mount sub since your mounting depth can only be 3.5 max. Is there a reason the box has to be so small. Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. Words to live by.
BJD3 Posted April 23, 2009 Author Report Posted April 23, 2009 Why only 10 high what are your putting in there an 8?And you will probably need a shallow mount sub since your mounting depth can only be 3.5 max. Is there a reason the box has to be so small. Yeah it's an 8. The box has to be small because it's going behind the seat. I could do an underseat box, but the depth would still be about the same. I thought the mount depth was measured from the outside baffle to the back wall? Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
brewer_brewer Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 I thought the mount depth was measured from the outside baffle to the back wall? it is REFS http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=2026 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/44535-official-brewer-brewer-feedback/page__p__625998__hl__brewer__fromsearch__1entry625998 "you're not allowing natural selection to work, you're like the guy that invented the seatbelt"
BJD3 Posted April 23, 2009 Author Report Posted April 23, 2009 Dern. So is the .5 inch between the woofer and the back wall a hard and fast rule, or something used so that you leave yourself some leeway in case your box is slightly smaller than planned? I'll get maximum size tomorrow. Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
BJD3 Posted April 23, 2009 Author Report Posted April 23, 2009 Front: 8.5 x 20Sides: 3.5 x 10 Top: 18.5 x 5 Just realized that this may not work so well. Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.