Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help With A Decision


yellwo24

Recommended Posts

Posted
i currently have 2 15'' l7's and a crappy 3000 watt amp, i tryed selling them but no luck as of now. i would like to get a btl 18 and this amp http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

the amp for the kickers is by pyle i got it off ebay beacuse i needed an amp really bad. my real question is, would it be wise to move to the btl

The BTL 18 is a great sub. With the right amp and box, the BTL will spank the piss out of the L7s.

EDIT: I'm not dissin the L7 though. They are great for a daily driver as well.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]


Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Posted

With that amp all your will get is 2400 watts total at 16 volts 1ohm I use the PH1's

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

Posted
i currently have 2 15'' l7's and a crappy 3000 watt amp, i tryed selling them but no luck as of now. i would like to get a btl 18 and this amp http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

the amp for the kickers is by pyle i got it off ebay beacuse i needed an amp really bad. my real question is, would it be wise to move to the btl

You've already bought an amp "because you needed it", why not take the time to get the right one now? The amp in your link is a trying to look like the new RF Power series amps but trust me...It don't come close.

You will NOT get 5500 watts outta that amp Period!. I know your new here but there a few amps AND speakers available in the For Sale section that are resonably priced that you might want to look at before buying another amp on impulse.

Welcome To SMD :8)

Posted

thanks for the welcome

the l7's were something i bought as a spur of the moment kinda thing, not i wish someone in the area would buy them so i can get that BTL, and i know im not going to get 5500 watts out of that amp at all times but i have no idea where the BTL tops out at when it comes to watts, so it seemed like a safe bet. thanks for all the support and at such a fast time

Posted
thanks for the welcome

the l7's were something i bought as a spur of the moment kinda thing, not i wish someone in the area would buy them so i can get that BTL, and i know im not going to get 5500 watts out of that amp at all times but i have no idea where the BTL tops out at when it comes to watts, so it seemed like a safe bet. thanks for all the support and at such a fast time

Stick around for a while and read everything before you buy. I suggest saving some money and doing a lot of research on this forum so you do the right thing the first time.

I'm horrible about buying on impulse, but I make enough to do it. I could have bought another house with the crap I bought on impulse because I didn't research first. Don't make my same mistake!

You have bumps now, so stick with it until you know you're ready and can buy quality equipment.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]


Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Posted

If I were you, I would build a proper enclosure for the L7's (assuming that you have a Pre-Fab), and buy your self a nice 2Kw-2.5Kw amp. You never know you might end up liking how loud the L7's could get properly powered in a nice enclosure. Rather then spending more money for 2 new subs, building a new box anyways, and a minimum of a good 4kw amp. Just a suggestion but whatever you do we are here to help you.

Posted

see thats where the im getting torn in two peaices, either go with all new nice stuff for the kickers or try to sell them and just get something that i know is amazing, or atleast from what i read is amazing

Posted

Sorry I just realized you said 1 18 BTL and not 2. But I would honestly go with the L7's just on the cone area alone, unless you have some experince and build yourself a badass enclosure and give that single BTL the 4kw. But I honestly think it would all depend on the install.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 571 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...