Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Jl 13w7


Recommended Posts

Posted

I know I can get better and less expensive subs for SPL, but I want to stay with JL audio in my car.

Right now I have 2 13W3V3-2 in a sealed box...well actually, I just took that out and put one sub in a ported box, either way it is powered by a jl 500/1 amp. I want to get a 13W7, but do not want to upgrade the Amp yet. I am going to wait until JL releases the HD1200/1.

Would this be a good move? I do not think the "under powering" of the W7 would hurt anything, just not play to its potential.

Thanks.....

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Posted

personally, I think it is a COMPLETE WASTE of money to stick with JL. There is better for less out there! But to answer your question the best I could, If you dont have the proper wattage to drive a W7, then dont "upgrade" to one yet. Thats like someone with a Fi SSD on 750w power, wanting to power a BL, or BTL.....of course it will work, but buying such a more expensive speaker doesnt mean it is going to respond well to the lower wattage. Kinda see what im saying? I am in NO WAY knocking JL, they are very good (SQ wise) but IMO WAY WAY WAY overpriced.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Posted

yup....I see...yeah I know JL is not the best SPL, I like the SQ. I already started with JL and I prefer to keep Everything the same brand (just like the balance, I guess) the suggested range on the w7 is like 450 to 1500 with 1000 optimal.

It would be too much money to upgrade amp and sub at the same time. so I guess the best way to go would be upgrade the amp first and then the sub.

well guess I have to wait for the HD1200 then. i suppose the 2 13W3's would also love that amp.

thanks

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 571 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...