so if it shrunk it, then it wouldnt fit your window because its too small then.... hmmm.

heating it helps it form to the shape of the window better. when you heat tint don't try to shrink it you will just screw it up. a small amount of heat is all that is needed to get it to form. this is a very very good way for tinters to tint curved windows.

heating it helps it form to the shape of the window better. when you heat tint don't try to shrink it you will just screw it up. a small amount of heat is all that is needed to get it to form. this is a very very good way for tinters to tint curved windows.

YOU HEAT TINT TO SHRINK IT. FORMING IS SHRINKING!!!!!!! gawsh

YOU HEAT TINT TO SHRINK IT. FORMING IS SHRINKING!!!!!!! gawsh

no shrinking isn't forming the heat is used to get the film to relax. just like you do when you iron your shirts to get the wrinkles out. shrinking is to making something smaller. in no way are you shrinking tint you are getting it to relax. big difference

use webster. to define the difference in the two . J/K

seriously shrinking isn't forming by far.

if you try to shrink the film you are going to ruin the film.

Jesus Christ lol.

Ive been tinting for 2 years and weve always called it shrinking, but call it whatever floats your boat. :)

will never have you do any of my tinting..... lets see u have 2 yrs, I have 16yrs........ I think i will go with the guy that has 16 yrs under his belt. hell my son is 17 and has more tinting time under his belt than you...

Webster:

Shrink,: to become smaller ,e.g. from heat, cold etc.

Form : to assume the shape of

now when you are cutting tint into the raw shape of the window you can say you are shrinking it. because you are cutting it down in size. once you have the raw shape you want to get a good form to the window inorder to do this heat is applied to relax the tint to get it to lay down (by using a squeegee) once the tint is laid down you go back and trim it down to the correct size. now wet the inside window down and wet the tint after the clean film has been removed and you are ready to apply it to the inside (after you have cleaned the inside windoow and wet it down). now that its in you want to wet the out side of the tint so the squeegee will slide over the tint without scratching the tint. again heat is applied to get the wrinkles to lay down as you squeegee the tint. again its to get it to Form to the window (to assume the shape)..

will never have you do any of my tinting..... lets see u have 2 yrs, I have 16yrs........ I think i will go with the guy that has 16 yrs under his belt. hell my son is 17 and has more tinting time under his belt than you...

Webster:

Shrink,: to become smaller ,e.g. from heat, cold etc.

Form : to assume the shape of

now when you are cutting tint into the raw shape of the window you can say you are shrinking it. because you are cutting it down in size. once you have the raw shape you want to get a good form to the window inorder to do this heat is applied to relax the tint to get it to lay down (by using a squeegee) once the tint is laid down you go back and trim it down to the correct size. now wet the inside window down and wet the tint after the clean film has been removed and you are ready to apply it to the inside (after you have cleaned the inside windoow and wet it down). now that its in you want to wet the out side of the tint so the squeegee will slide over the tint without scratching the tint. again heat is applied to get the wrinkles to lay down as you squeegee the tint. again its to get it to Form to the window (to assume the shape)..

Whatever. And btw I dont care at all about tinting, im going to college and getting into business. To be honest wit ya, i dont ever want to tint a window again after i graduate. Oh and also, Im 18, and if you son wants to have a tint off for some cash..... :rolleyes:

Archived