can window tint be used on the outside of a window and still stay on for a long time?

If you watch unique whips thats how they tint.

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

i've never seen tint on the outside of anyones windows, and i dont think i would want it either, it'd be too easy to damage and i dont think it would last as long either.......when you see the installers putting the tint on the outside of the window, they are just measuring and lining it up so it matches the window when they cut it, that way its as close as it can be to the edge of the window on the inside

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

as a tinter, i would definately say HELL NO to putting it on the outside. we only cut and size the film on the outside as it is easier to shrink it to fit a curved window.

and on a side note- that dude on unique aint a very good tinter you can see a lot of comtamination in his work when looked at up close. not that all mine are perfect, but........................

Tinting on the outside would of made them old Saturn's a hell of a lot easier to tint. :blush:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

When I first saw it I thought the same thing about just measuring on the outside but he was useing a squeegie on the outside and a heetgun at the same time. and he was cutting off excess from the back window and called it done. And dont get me wrong I think they do alot wrong in installs. I was just pointing out that what they showed on the show.

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

Archived