Sonic Electronix

well i was driveing barely had the radio turned up no bass playing just listening to the weather on the way to the dump when i seen my voltage go from 15.2 straight down to 11.8 , well im like wtf is going on here, slow down and keep a eye on my voltage and all of a sudden i see a big plume of smoke come from the drivers bottom by the fuse box , i whip the ole turd over on the side of the road and look and for some unknow reason , the main power wire i had going to my fuse box melted, it went from the fuse box to a relay and from the relay it powerd my alarm, radio and volt meeter. and the wire just flat out melted and smoked up badly. well i was in the back of the van again today like every day and i had a ground issue a month or so back and thought i had fixed it, well i didnt the ground was burned up again so im at a loss as to what the hell is going on with the van,

im thinking my safest bet will be to remove everything from the van except the subs and speakers , i mean radio, amps batts ect and reinstall everything with new wires where need be ect. and see what happens....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

yeah, pulling everything out except the speakers and reinstalling it sounds like a good plan. You'll be sure to make the right adjustments, if you do it carefully, ntm usually when we do our initial build, we are so excited to get the new gear in and playing, that we take things like this for granted... so that's where you could have messed up when installing. anyway keep us posted on how it goes.

gl :good:

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Archived