I found a 90's (I wanna say 97) Cadi a guy is willing to trade me for some audio gear. Guy claims its gonna need a jump cause the batt died from trying to crank it to only find out its pushing a code for a 'bad fuel pump relay". Its gonna need at least one new tire too (no biggie)

Is Cadillac pretty reliable with their codes or does this sound like a headache to go?

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

A grip of install kits, some wire, and an old school Rockford amp (not big)

I gotta get there to see the milage, cause he can't remember off the top of his head. The body looks fine from the pics. Going to look today.

I gotta figure at least 100k with the age

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

ummm cadi's computers is pretty up to par but a cadi that old isnt a good investment cuz the like to start breaking piece by piece. my patna have the same model and year if its 97 it said the same thing he changed the relay then then the pump went next then the injectors so i wouldnt deal with it just my .02

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Haven't had wheels in almost a year.............Child support has made that pretty much impossible so this seemed to be a semi decent deal. I will update later today with more info...........

I was thinking if I was gonna replace one thing why not the pump too

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

George Patton

if you do get it first thing i would do is put a new radiator and water pump then do a flush.. Caddies engines are made of aluminum and are known for overheating a blowing head gaskets.

I have a 94 deville with the 4.9 liter engine in it, can't really comment much on the 4.6 liter engines but internally from my experience with owning mine. I inherited the car after my brother was murdered. It sat up for around 6-7 months. WORSE thing you can do is let them sit up and start back driving them. The maitenince wasn't kept up on the car at all and within a years time. (mostly due to sentimental value) I'd spent a bit more than 4,500 getting it fixed. Most of the stuff I probably could have lived with but it neeeded to be up to par. www.cadillacforums.com for all the reference information needed.

I went through headgaskets, front struts, rear shocks, wheel bearings, knuckle bushings, radiator, EGR valve, fuel pressure regulator, neutral safety switch, idle speed control motor. The list goes on an on an on... The car was basically overhauled after sitting for so long.

Find out how long it's been sitting, see if you can get it to mechanic to have him check the condition of it before the trade. Then make the swap. Most of the stuff I fixed was fixed as I was still driving the car daily and it didn't hinder it's ability to drive around. (even the head gasket leak wasn't all that bad) No loss of power what so ever engine never sputtered or stalled. Just ran a bit warm.

Just depends on if you are willing to fix it all!

Have a good mechanic check it out or if you can get the ignition switch turned on you can pull the trouble codes yourself from the digital display.

OH one other thing most of the stuff that was wrong with my car I changed it myself to save labor costs. All parts were bought online and for what I paid for them it was reasonable. 4,500 later into a car that still had around a blue book value of about 4,800 at the time and it's going strong with 140k on the engine now:) Even beat riced up honda off the line from 0-50:)

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

ummm cadi's computers is pretty up to par but a cadi that old isnt a good investment cuz the like to start breaking piece by piece. my patna have the same model and year if its 97 it said the same thing he changed the relay then then the pump went next then the injectors so i wouldnt deal with it just my .02

Something about that doesn't sound right, you figure a car you don't have to pay month notes on breaking down once every 8-12 months it's worth the investment to get it fixed one a year to save on insurnace and notes regardless.

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

if you do get it first thing i would do is put a new radiator and water pump then do a flush.. Caddies engines are made of aluminum and are known for overheating a blowing head gaskets.

Not necessary, run a flow test on the radiator (ANY GOOD MECHANIC WILL KNOW) and make sure it's flowing properly and holding enough pressure, should be around 15lbs of pressure if I'm not mistaken.

The cars are reliable, you just HAVE to keep up on the matinence otherwise they'll go to hell in the blink of an eye. Having it flushed and putting some GM tablets in there for the aluminum block will prevent headgasket leaks for future reference though.

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex