Second Skin Audio

Jl Audio Box Build

100_2303.jpg this is my current box. it was built for 4 12w3's and 2 12w0's. i had to modify it alittle to get the w6's to fit, and i only have 4 of them powered right now.

01 s10 blazer 6 jl12w6's

No offense bro, but that almost looks like an abortion. If I understand this right, your mixing 2 different versions of JL's in a box that was made for 4, but you cut 2 more holes into it, to fit 2 more.....Holy Jesus....

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

No offense bro, but that almost looks like an abortion. If I understand this right, your mixing 2 different versions of JL's in a box that was made for 4, but you cut 2 more holes into it, to fit 2 more.....Holy Jesus....
that box was made for 6 subs just not the w6's. that is the reason i'm building a new box.

01 s10 blazer 6 jl12w6's

need some help. this box i'm building i got the ports made for two chambers but i'm having problems with the third one. i called jl again today and he told 40 sqare inches is what 2 12w6's require. but he is very insistant on it being 30''s long. but i can not get it to fit in my third chamber. my third chamber is a wedge type. with the dimensions he gave me with the port in there i will not be able to fit both subs. any help on this please.made some progress on it today. still a long way to go with it Photo0095.jpgPhoto0096.jpg

Edited by tomrspears

01 s10 blazer 6 jl12w6's

where are you trying to put the other port? Just put it with all the other ports, there has to be enough room if the others fit in that orientation

the chambers are different shape. two are rectangle and one is wedge style.

01 s10 blazer 6 jl12w6's

That doesn't seem like enough port area to me. And that seems like it would be a really low tuning imo.

40^2in for 3 cubic foot doesn't seem like enough port area? :01nocomment8so:

design fail

I've done it 400 times

Edited by footlongsam

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

40^2in for 3 cubic foot doesn't seem like enough port area? :01nocomment8so: dunno man. this is only my second attempt at building a ported box. the first one sounded great and i got all my measurements from jl audio from there tech support on the first one. thats why i turned to them on this box build. after three phone calls and me getting pissed at him. i think i have the proper dimensions now for it to work. 40 cubic inches for both subs and he was very persistant on it being 30''s long and that is suppose to tune it to 32hz

design fail

I've done it 400 times

01 s10 blazer 6 jl12w6's

lol yea pretty ghetto... all will be well in the end...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?