Sonic Electronix

I have a 720watt kenwood amp and a 800 watt pioneer 12 but the rms of both is only about 150 i bought a 800 watt amp installation kit, and it worked for a while then the bass started to turn off and come back on then it went out completely i put in new RCA cables not as thick as the old ones an it did the same thing now no bass what could of happened? my amp gets power and everything i hooked up correctly but i seam to fry RCA cables. i forgot to mention my head unit doesn't have RCA pre-outs I had to install a linear line converter:help:

Edited by 98exploder

What? O I'm sorry couldn't hear your ricer over my stereo.

I have a 720watt kenwood amp and a 800 watt pioneer 12 but the rms of both is only about 150 i bought a 800 watt amp installation kit, and it worked for a while then the bass started to turn off and come back on then it went out completely i put in new RCA cables not as thick as the old ones an it did the same thing now no bass what could of happened? my amp gets power and everything i hooked up correctly but i seam to fry RCA cables. :help:

no they only transfer signal, they can break though. check to see if you get ac signal at the end(amp side of your rcas, should be a couple of volts that will fluctuate with your volume

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

Well no... What amp do you have as in model # and what ohm's are your subs :01nocomment8so:

my sub is 50-150 rms and my amp model is KAC-8402

What? O I'm sorry couldn't hear your ricer over my stereo.

im thinking it will have alot to do with the quality of rca you are useing, and yes quality does matter even my cheap ass has learned that, and are they being pulled, tuged or steped or or pressure added to the rca, if so reroute them so there is none of the above happeing to the rca, there sensitive things

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

i don't think so i might get some competition grade rca's only 10 bucks at cardiscountstereos.com best place super cheap

wtf is a competition grade rca?

and check your remote wire and make sure its snug, along with your power and ground connections also.

Rf Rcas are all I use. I love em. You may be running your amp at too low of an ohm load and it cuts out. Or you remote, power, or ground cable are loose and when you hit bumps it looses contact for a sec.

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

almost anything is better than no name rca or walmart rca, spend 15-20 on 17ft run of rca get stinger, kicker , memphis... many good names

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Something is funky, but I'm willing to bet your $10 competition grade RCAs aren't going to fix it. :01nocomment8so:

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/