Second Skin Audio

Ok Guys I Need Some Help And Ideas For A Clean Sounding High Output Box For A 22' Boat

OK SO HERE IS THE DEAL IM BUILDING AN ENCLOSURE FOR MY BOSSES BOAT SO FAR I HAVE PUT IN 3 OPTIMA YELLOW TOPS, 12 8" MIDS AND HIGHS ALL PIONEER MARINE, AND 4 6.5" MIDS AND HIGHS ALL PIONEER MARINE SPEAKERS ALL OF THE SPEAKERS EXCEPT FOR TWO ARE POWERED OFF OF 3 MEMPHIS M-CLASS 50X4 AMPS. I HAVE A MEMPHIS M-CLASS 1100 WATT AMP FOR THE SUB WHICH IS A MTX TR7512-22 AND ITS IN A SEALED ENCLOSURE THAT HE HAD BUILT. HE IS WANTING TO ADD MORE BASS WITHOUT ADDING MORE SUBS SO THAT ONLY LEAVES ME ROOM TO CHANGE THE BOX. WHAT MY QUESTION IS IS WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WOULD BE MY BEST WAY TO APPROCH THIS ENCLOSE DESIGN? WHAT I HAVE BEEN THINKING IS TO BUILD A SLOT PORTED BOX WITH THE PORT ON ONE WALL OF THE BOX AND THE FULL WIDTH OF THE BOX THE GIVE IT ABOUT A 3 INCH RADIUS FLAIR ON EITHER END OF THE PORT OR OPTION TWO BUILD A PORTED BOX AND USE A 4 INCH AERO SO I CAN BETTER TUNE THE ENCLOSURE TO THE BOAT. IM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS AT THIS POINT!!!!!! THE ENCLOSURE WILL BE IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT OF THE BOAT AND HE ALWAYS LEAVES IT CLOSED. THE BOAT IS A 95 MODEL VIP 22' CUDDY CABIN.

PLEASE CHIME IN IM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!! :help:

i would recomend a T-line box for one sub where hes wanting more output without adding more subs/power. but makesure you get someone to design it (if you cant) that will properly use the current subs paramiters (sp) so the box will be the best possible for the sub/power and space aval

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I was actually thinking the exact same thing so yesterday I designed one for it but is was 5.66 cubes so im not sure if I can cram it in there of not but I can keep trying different folding configurations for the line I guess! The line is almost 9.5 feet long and the inner dinensions I came up with for the the line that I could fit the woofer into were 11.5" wide by 7" tall by 9.41' long!

Does that sound right to you?

The woofers fs is 30hz

and the sd is 81.02sq"

boats are very hard to get alot of bass out of simply because they are wide open (unlike a car or SUV)

Try to see if he will let you put it in the cuddy cabin portion of the boat, it will get louder and since it is infront of you instead of behind you it will sound louder while you are driving around the lake. Also it is away from the engine and all the excess noise it makes. I know my 23' formula interceptor's engine bay was deadened and if the VIP's engine bay is like that you are loosing alot of your output because it is sealed in there.

One 12 on a boat is not going to impress most people it is more for low end fill and you need to explain to him that the best way to get louder will be a second (or 9 more subs)

One more thing, MTX woofers love ported boxes try one and see if he likes it. They are OK in bandpass configurations but you will see a very peaky bass reflex so be very careful if you go that route

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I had thought about asking him if I could build it in the cuddy just because I can fit a bigger enclosure down there plus I am like you I think it might sound better because it would have more reinforcement which I have a feeling would act much like the cabin gain in a car. All he is really wanting to do is add just a little more bottom end with what he has to compliment what I have already instaled in the boat at this point! The thing sounds great as it sits! I thought about hooking my Term Lab RTA up to it and see exactly where I am lacking at at this point and then maybe going from there. This is my second boat system to install my third is waiting to get the interior put back in right now. I may have to post some pics of what I have done to this boat so far and see what you guys think!

I built a hybrid bandpass tapered T-line for my boat. Prolly the loudest a sub can possibly get in an open vehicle. Check it out and see if this is what you might wanna do.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...733&hl=1979

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I love that box design however that is one design I have abolutely no knowledge on designing but there is no better time then now for me to learn how to design one! LOL

Also I should be working on the boat again early next week at that time I will take some pictures and post them for all you guys to see my work.

I love that box design however that is one design I have abolutely no knowledge on designing but there is no better time then now for me to learn how to design one! LOL

Also I should be working on the boat again early next week at that time I will take some pictures and post them for all you guys to see my work.

Forevrbumpn gave me the box design. If you really want it PM me and I'll show you how to build one to fit your sub.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!