No Scales Posted May 2, 2009 Report Posted May 2, 2009 I recently got into the whole car audio deal and I had a couple of 12" type R's. I sold those a bit ago and now I'm looking at getting a couple kicker L7's I found a good deal on both 12" and 15" but I'm debating on whether or not its worth the extra like 60-100$ to get 15"s instead of 12"s are the 15"s all that much louder than 12"s are? and which ones will have a clearer sound?
07sOnAtA sp.ed Posted May 2, 2009 Report Posted May 2, 2009 i would say yes, b/c of cone area... CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION 2008 Hyundai Sonata Team T3 Audio Team Deadly Hertz Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)
raytard Posted May 2, 2009 Report Posted May 2, 2009 12=144sq in of cone area, 15=225sqin...thats a pretty big difference in how much air is getting moved dont know what kind of car you have, but the 15's need a pretty darn large box, so use the 12's if you cant get the 15's in the proper box (12's in great box will sound better/be louder than 15's in a bad one) as far as quality goes, they sound pretty similar...hell, even the 8's sound similar, just not as loud obviously. Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
jesterjames Posted May 2, 2009 Report Posted May 2, 2009 like he said above Unless you can give the 15's 5cubes each then they wont get as deep as the 12's will the 12's like about 3 cubes each Pioneer 500UB 1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ BXi1606D 1/0 Red top in back JBL 5 1/4's front Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear 145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control
No Scales Posted May 3, 2009 Author Report Posted May 3, 2009 That is quite a difference in power, I have an audi a4, dunno if that trunk will be big enough for 15, ill have to measure. If i can get a custom box that uses whole trunk i should be good though
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.