Sundown Audio

500/1 Input Voltage?

neutman21

I have been having trouble getting my 10w7 sounding right. Right now, I am running it with a JL audio 500/1 in a sealed box at 1.35 cubic feet. I had the sub tested to make sure it wasn't blown and it works fine. I used the JL gain tutorial and set the amp at about 38v with the test tone cd. so I am getting the right output voltage, but the sub is not hitting like it should. The sub moves, but makes a small popping noise that is noticeable when I listen close to the sub and it does not hit all the notes... I checked my input voltage and I am getting low voltage at 200mv. Is this too low??? because I know the 500/1 can accept input voltage from 200mv to 8v. Would it help me to add a line driver?? because I have an audiocontrol eql and 24xs that are supposed to be line drivers, but are not hooked to the 500/1...

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

anyone have any idea???

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

the guys who tested my sub listened for leaking air and couldnt hear any when they tested it...and last night I did another input voltage test because I realized that the test i had received low volts was before I found out I had bad rcas...so I was getting an input voltage of at least 2volts last night, but that was with the head unit at full volume with sub all the way up...i did this test with the test tone (50hz at 0 db). is this still pretty low if I have to crank the cd just for this number????

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

I replaced the ground and it didn't help the system...

I think that is what it is....2v is all I am getting on the preouts... my plan is to use the eql on my whole system and use my 24xs as a crossover....the eql has a 13 volt line driver doesnt it???? because I have it equalizing my jl 300/4 on my mids and highs and I had to turn the gains down on the amp....

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Archived