False Alarms? Why Would This Happen?

Ok I guess I'll have to give you "PROOF" directly from Kinetiks website!

Click on this link! http://www.kinetikaudio.com/faq.asp

Scroll down to the following paragraph & read!

I bought a Kinetik power cell and after a week my lights are dimming again, why?[/i]

Professionally check your alternator and charge then load test the starting battery. When lights are dimming people have a tendency to add power storage devices instead of checking to see what the real problem may be. If and alternator or front battery is bad then adding more power will only temporarily solve the problem until the new Power Cell is dead too. The reason the lights stopped dimming when adding the Kinetik Power Cell was because you ‘recharged’ the car with the new cell instead of replacing the alternator or battery that was bad. Kinetik Power Cells rest at 13 volts after being fully charged and allowed to cool. Most car batteries rest between 12.6 and 12.8 volts. If your voltage is lower than this on a vehicle after being allowed to cool down with the motor off, check your battery and alternator immediately.

Kinetik Power Cells rest at 13 volts after being fully charged and allowed to cool. Is that enough "PROOF" for you?

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

cunokyle Posted Today, 09:58 PM

I know from experience that a bad battery will cause this to happen, even if it is sitting at normal voltage levels. A bad cell in the battery will easily cause the symptoms described.

Thank you very much for posting that!

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

...Can we please not have a pissing match over this....

Fact of the matter is... My truck is locked right now... it hasnt had a false alarm for 6 hours... chance are it will have one in the middle of the night... right after i get out in the morning and while im in class at school tomorrow...

the alarm triggers are RANDOM.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

...Can we please not have a pissing match over this....

No problem dude. Truthfully it's between you & me anyway. I'm just trying my best to exaust every possible option before you spend more money to send the brain back for warranty. I know you will really be pissed off if you get a new brain & it does the same thing. I'm not saying that the brain isn't bad, because it is entirely possible. But it is VERY rare!

I know there are different opinions on this specific issue. I can guarentee that the cause of these random false alarms is one of the following:

#1 Something is not installed correctly.

#2 Your battery had a bad cell

#3 The brain is faulty

I can only fix #3. So that is what I plan to do. If the problem continues, refer to #'s 1 & 2.

dj2q.jpg

No problem dude. Truthfully it's between you & me anyway. I'm just trying my best to exaust every possible option before you spend more money to send the brain back for warranty. I know you will really be pissed off if you get a new brain & it does the same thing. I'm not saying that the brain isn't bad, because it is entirely possible. But it is VERY rare!

I know there are different opinions on this specific issue. I can guarentee that the cause of these random false alarms is one of the following:

#1 Something is not installed correctly.

#2 Your battery had a bad cell

#3 The brain is faulty

I can only fix #3. So that is what I plan to do. If the problem continues, refer to #'s 1 & 2.

Will do and thanks. I dont want to believe its my battery but if it continues I will try a few things to make sure before i get a new one.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

The shock sensor issue sounds like a problem I run into everynow and then. Your shock sensor is feeling motion even when it's not armed, and usually you can see an LED blink on it when it's bumped, so check and make sure it's all good there. With that being said, I had a problem where whenever I would slam my door shut and immediately hit the arm button it would pick up the motion of the truck still rocking a tad bit from the door being slammed.

Try closing your door, then giving it a few seconds for the vehicle to get still, then arm it and see what happens.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

The shock sensor issue sounds like a problem I run into everynow and then. Your shock sensor is feeling motion even when it's not armed, and usually you can see an LED blink on it when it's bumped, so check and make sure it's all good there. With that being said, I had a problem where whenever I would slam my door shut and immediately hit the arm button it would pick up the motion of the truck still rocking a tad bit from the door being slammed.

Try closing your door, then giving it a few seconds for the vehicle to get still, then arm it and see what happens.

My shock sensor is built into the brain. The LED always flashes while the alarm is armed.

We ruled out the car rocking because it would go off at random times, sometimes, and sometimes right away. usually without a warning message sent to the remote.. just a full out alarm.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

This is a Viper 5901. The shock sensor is built into the brain. The brain is securly mounted according to the installer. Gonna swap the brain & see what happens.

dj2q.jpg

Hmmm, well IDK what to tell you man.

Actually a friend of mine just had a 5701 installed at bestbuy and she kept having problems with messages coming back to the remote and not being able to do some features, and they swapped the brain and it was fine.

So that's 2 people I've heard of having problems with the new models. :(

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Did you hook up the Tach wire? If so the tach learn may need to be redone.

dj2q.jpg

Archived