False Alarms? Why Would This Happen?

Yes I know that could be the problem but the installer & some other folks felt like it was a faulty brain causing the problems. Now that I have replaced the brain with a brand new one I'm justwaiting to find out if that has fixed the problem.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

PM from NoFearx18: Well I have some bad news. I have been getting some false alarms... this time the alarm was installed by a shop. i am going to have them check EVERYTHING about it. It has to be something wrong with the installation. I wanted to apologize for everything you went through to get me a new one. but the remotes are fixed so it wasnt entirely pointless. thanks and I will keep you posted.

Well CHODE, what can you make of this? Does it still sound like a faulty unit or an install problem? I sent him a brand new brain & new remotes! Same problem! 2 months later & BOOM, it's not the brain after all! Imagine that.

Thanks for the update Colton. Please keep me posted. I really hope you get this thing fixed soon. Please post when you find out what the problem is.

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Found my problem after sitting outside with a dmm to my front battery.

Rest voltage after shutting my hoe off, and then arming it was 13.94. After 6-9 minutes after arming my hoe my alarm would always fualt, at that point my rest voltage has drops to 13.7volts. The slight difference in voltage was enough to trigger the alarm.

Found my problem after sitting outside with a dmm to my front battery.

Rest voltage after shutting my hoe off, and then arming it was 13.94. After 6-9 minutes after arming my hoe my alarm would always fualt, at that point my rest voltage has drops to 13.7volts. The slight difference in voltage was enough to trigger the alarm.

Is it a sudden drop or a slow drop? If it's sudden, I can see why it would set if off. If it's a slow drop, the brain must be VERY voltage sensitive.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Is it a sudden drop or a slow drop? If it's sudden, I can see why it would set if off. If it's a slow drop, the brain must be VERY voltage sensitive.

Its within 0 minutes or less, once my voltage levels out between my D3100's and my stock acid battery, i just gotta get a d3400 or d3100 under the hood and problem would be fixed.

I hate to say it, but I really think this could be a voltage related issue. Chode seemed to think that it was a bad brain but obviously that was not the case because I got him a new brain & remotes. I just hope he gets it fixed soon. It really sucks that this has taken so long to figure out it wasn't the brain afterall. :(

dj2q.jpg

I hate to say it, but I really think this could be a voltage related issue. Chode seemed to think that it was a bad brain but obviously that was not the case because I got him a new brain & remotes. I just hope he gets it fixed soon. It really sucks that this has taken so long to figure out it wasn't the brain afterall. :(

Don't worry about it. Sometimes the simplest explanations are the one's we never think about.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Yeah I know. It's just that I sold this kid the alarm & when he got it hooked up it was not working like it should be. After a few weeks of troubleshooting he was convinced that it was a faulty unit. Now I had to come out of my pocket to get another brain shipped out to him with new remotes. Turns out that the brain wasn't the problem @ all. I just feel bad for the kid because he is having all these issues. As the seller I just want to make sure it gets fixed. I guess most guys would not really be worried about it but I don't do business like that. I mean I'm half way across the country. I could have just told him to piss off when he asked for a replacement, but I got it replaced with a brand new unit even though I was 99.9% sure there was nothing wrong with it. To me customer service is a big deal. I have a shop & I get alot of business from folks that got screwed by other shops. I like repeat business.

It just really gets under my skin when someone says I sold a faulty unit. I have gone out of my way to get this thing resolved. I just hate that Nofearx18 has been without an alarm all this time. I hope he gets it fixed soon.

dj2q.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update? It's been awhile since I've heard anything on this? Chode, do you have any info on the situation or is it another faulty unit? J/K LOL

dj2q.jpg

Archived