Second Skin Audio

My Newest Design/build

how... 8x4=32.... lol

whatever program you are using is WRONG... u need at least 11-12sqin per cuft minimum... with aeroports u could get away with 8...

That is probably the most absurd thing I have ever read in regards to car audio.

You design a box using T/S parameters, not a "rule of thumb" and had you plugged the numbers in you would see that I am correct about these subs.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

whats this magical program

bbpro?

winisd?

most absurd thing... dude ur chokin ur subs more than i choke my chicken :lol:

hmm give about another day and there will be more than me "just trying to help out" saying thats too small

for my 2 12s in 4cuft i use 54sqin... more than those two fifteens with 3.5cuft more... and that sounds right?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

what program do you have that takes t/s parameters and gives you port size (not being a smartass, i want to port my midbass and port size for a 6.5 isnt something they give you, and winisd only helps so much)

also, 18sqin/cube ftw, lol

edit: the 12-16 thing I've heard and used with great success...theres a lot of very reputable box builders/designers who use that rule of thumb (my 18 per cube was cuz its 8's...and more of an spl box for fun than anything)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

what program do you have that takes t/s parameters and gives you port size (not being a smartass, i want to port my midbass and port size for a 6.5 isnt something they give you, and winisd only helps so much)

also, 18sqin/cube ftw, lol

No program will "give" you port size. You need to input your port size in any program and then it is trial and error within the program to get your port noise within an acceptable limit with the desired tuning frequency. I use a combination of WinISD, and Liberty Audio Suite for pretty much every design I have ever done.

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

NEWFLASH... u have to high of a port velocity... if u would like me to check with the box parameters i could back that up more... lol

and trial and error over 20+ years has yielded 12-16cuft for daily... per like everyone ever... haha

realy tho im just tryin to help or point out what might not have been otherwise

and a side note... so did ssaudio do something wrong... 8cuft@35hz.. lol... no

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

bbpro?

winisd?

hmm give about another day and there will be more than me "just trying to help out" saying thats too small

for my 2 12s in 4cuft i use 54sqin... more than those two fifteens with 3.5cuft more... and that sounds right?

I had 4 12"s I had 120 ft^2 cross port area for. I also had 4 12" woofers that used 90 ft^2 cross port area. it differes with different subs. No 2 subs will have the same box specs or the prefab boxes would be the way to go. That is why people "design" their own boxes for their woofers.

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

bbpro?

winisd?

:rofl::rofl:

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

soooooo did you take into account the transfer function? you know, that thing that makes win isd completely and grossly inaccurate unless your enclosure is suspended in the middle of a field?

being in a vehicle can drop your tuning by 10hz...or raise it...it does some funky stuff to the standard calculations.

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

NEWFLASH... u have to high of a port velocity... if u would like me to check with the box parameters i could back that up more... lol

and trial and error over 20+ years has yielded 12-16cuft for daily... per like everyone ever... haha

realy tho im just tryin to help or point out what might not have been otherwise

and a side note... so did ssaudio do something wrong... 8cuft@35hz.. lol... no

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

8 ft^3 at 35hz is not the same box as 7.5 ft^3 at 30hz. See my previous statement about prefab boxes.

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

see, right now you have lance armstrong breathing through a straw

posted video is him with his mouth wide open and one of those little nose thingys to open his sinus

it doesnt matter if his going uphill, downhill, fast, slow, on a bike or on a unicycle, if he's breathing through a straw he could be doing sooooo much better

and dont take it as bashing, build it and prove us wrong, but a bigger port could only hely unless you're giving them way more than rms, or a box way too big (neither of which is an issue in this case)

Team DC

Archived