Second Skin Audio

My Newest Design/build

wats da name of da song n video

First song (first 10 seconds or so) Lil Whyte - Hoods Run Down

Rest of the Vid, Young Jeezy - White Girl

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

Damn all decaff was trying to do was help you out, not bash you. Hell you can listen to a computer or people who have learned through years of experience.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Damn all decaff was trying to do was help you out, not bash you. Hell you can listen to a computer or people who have learned through years of experience.

I have been doing this for 15 years. I know what he is saying, but my point is, that with these subs, the box is a perfect match. Sure, with some Solo X subs it wouldn't work, but for these subs, it does.

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

8 ft^3 at 35hz is not the same box as 7.5 ft^3 at 30hz. See my previous statement about prefab boxes.

prefab what? i dont get it... that was a SSAudio build... the same people who made the subs...

the differences are not vast... but the idea is to get the point across how far off ur port area is from what is needed...

no one in their right mind would say 4-5sqin/cuft is enough... ever wonder why the subs move so damn much... cause they are trying to breathe but cant...

what are the box dimensions if you are so confident with ur design

and again, no offense, but pointing out the obvious

id do a design for a correct box for free just to see those subs be happy in a new home

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

hey, if he's been doing this for 15 years and says that little port is what will make those get loudest and sound best, who are we to argue....i mean sure, other people with the same subs get louder with bigger ports, and some say it sounds the same, just more headroom, but whatever, if it works it works

edit: and from experience messing with boxes and the same subs, tiny ass port sounds more like sealed volume wise, but you run the risk of dropping under tuning frequency.

bigger port=more volume, but not a drop in quality necessarily

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

prefab what? i dont get it... that was a SSAudio build... the same people who made the subs...

the differences are not vast... but the idea is to get the point across how far off ur port area is from what is needed...

no one in their right mind would say 4-5sqin/cuft is enough... ever wonder why the subs move so damn much... cause they are trying to breathe but cant...

what are the box dimensions if you are so confident with ur design

and again, no offense, but pointing out the obvious

42" x 28" x 19" or so. I don't have it here to get exact measurements, but pretty sure those are correct.

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

hey, if he's been doing this for 15 years and says that little port is what will make those get loudest and sound best, who are we to argue....i mean sure, other people with the same subs get louder with bigger ports, and some say it sounds the same, just more headroom, but whatever, if it works it works

edit: and from experience messing with boxes and the same subs, tiny ass port sounds more like sealed volume wise, but you run the risk of dropping under tuning frequency.

bigger port=more volume, but not a drop in quality necessarily

This is an SQ build. Matched with 2 sets of PG RSD components. Might not get as loud as the same build with a bit higher tuning freq. and larger port, but the guy wasn't after an SPL set-up.

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

big port doesnt mean lost sq

thats what i was getting at

it means more output..which means more headroom...which means you can use less wattage and keep them farther within their linear excursion while still having the same output (which is fantastic for sq)

if you were going to use a port that tiny...how much air do you think is bing moved through there? enough to make any difference at all? why not just seal it at that point?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

big port doesnt mean lost sq

thats what i was getting at

it means more output..which means more headroom...which means you can use less wattage and keep them farther within their linear excursion while still having the same output (which is fantastic for sq)

if you were going to use a port that tiny...how much air do you think is bing moved through there? enough to make any difference at all? why not just seal it at that point?

A sealed enclosure would be tuned towards 45hz peaking around 55hz. The tuning frequency on this one is 30hz with a peak at around 45 hz.

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

Archived