So my brother finally cleaned all his crap outta our garage, and one of the things he found was a radar detector. I promptly hid it, and later hooked it up and found it to be working. It's a cheap crappy one I think: Whistler and some number...7500 maybe? Anyhow, I couldn't find anything to mount it with or any instructions. Anyone got any clues about it? Is it dog shit? Is it decent? I usually spot cops from a distance so its more of a backup, but is it worth using?

Too many projects, too little time...

i think there alright, not as good as cobra or the higher brand. that brand goes for around $40 here

Edited by Street

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

i have a cheap cobra.. got it for like 90 dollars and it saved me a few times.. but not sure about that brand.. they got some model of that brand going for 100+

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

I think the one I have is a 1730...anyone know if it's any good?

I've only gotten a couple alerts through it, but then again, I haven't had any missed ones. I don't think the city mode does anything though; theres a few intersections it freaks out at with city on or off.

yeah my does that too.. but when i switch it from city to highway when driving in the highway i notice a difference... vice versa...

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

Im not on the highway too much, so I guess it's kinda useless. Some of the state and county hiways I use are radar-patrolled though, so...Idunno. Plus, I need to figure out a new mounting idea; mine didn't come with any hardware, so its just slapped on my dash sliding around...not good. I can't find a spot where its NOT pointing down at my wipers.

I have a cobra. I wouldnt drive a car without a radar detector i just feel naked without one. The only time i got a speeding ticket was when i didnt have one. The radar detectors that are also scramblers dont work i tested a few. Some detectors even pay the ticket.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Guest KyleCannon

What is a good one to get for the money? Something that is really reliable for the amount paid.... but i dont want to spend thousands or anything... haha.

Crutchfield has awesome detectors. Stay away from rocky mountain, you wont find a good one for under 150. Just think of it as cheap insurance so 300 doesnt look so bad. Some new ones are battery operated so theres no ugly wires in the way. BTW the cobra xrs9990 is what i have and it was only 220 from crutchfield.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

What is a good one to get for the money? Something that is really reliable for the amount paid.... but i dont want to spend thousands or anything... haha.

buy a used valentine one, you can pick one up for around 200 and theyll save your ass like none other.