Second Skin Audio

W7 Missing Some Notes

Since I bought my 10w7, I havent been able to figure out why it hasn't sounded right... all my items are listed below and the 500/1 is equalized and crossed over through the audiocontrol eql and 24xs...sub sounds good until I turn up the lowpass and I hear a distorted popping when the sub tries to play double-bass at loud volumes...it can handle certain frequencies (mainly lower frequencies), but tighter bass causes some popping that is noticeable when I put my ear close... Sub is in a sealed box with 1.35 cubic feet of air...dimensions 13.5x14x17. I thought it was low input voltage, but the audiocontrol eql has a line driver...what could be causing this pop and why is the sub not able to perform like it could on certain songs???

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Man, you have been chasing this problem for EVER!

...Wonder if the sub itself is defective...did you buy it new?

this, it sound like the sub is messed up

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Ya, I know...I keep thinking its one thing...then its another...I had the sub checked at my local JL dealer and they said the sub was fine. and no i bought if from on ebay from a powerseller with good feedback

Edited by neutman21

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

No..I didn't... i thought it could be the settings on my amp.

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

k...ill give that a try. I might just go ahead and pay $60 to get my whole system checked from back to front..

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv